PDA

View Full Version : Protruding?? On my fish's eye.

Reeferside
10/01/2015, 12:26 AM
Hey just noticed this tonight. Don't know what it is.. Please help.

If you look closely on my fish's right eye, its like protruding. Looks like a clear worm or something. TIA

http://i.imgur.com/ZdI50jN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hRdKhNY.jpg

Sk8r
10/01/2015, 10:50 AM
Some sort of parasite, perhaps.

Reeferside
10/01/2015, 04:47 PM
Some sort of parasite, perhaps.

Should I do anything?

I have a couple cleaner shrimps.. not sure if that'll help.

Dkuhlmann
10/02/2015, 03:19 AM
If the cleaner shrimp don't get it you could probably do a fw dip and it would fall off.

Cdodge1
10/02/2015, 09:54 AM
Holy crap that doesn't look good... I agree FW dip would kill it

Bent
10/02/2015, 10:11 AM
Looks like a Neobenedenia worm of some kind. Specifically maybe N. melleni?

Only problem with dipping him is that the worms are probably in the DT. So while you may kill it off the fish. It will likely get infected again.

I think prazi-pro kills them, but I'm not sure about treating the DT with it. I know others have been successful with it, but there are specific caveats that I can't remember.

Dmorty217
10/02/2015, 10:46 AM

Only problem with dipping him is that the worms are probably in the DT. So while you may kill it off the fish. It will likely get infected again.

I think prazi-pro kills them, but I'm not sure about treating the DT with it. I know others have been successful with it, but there are specific caveats that I can't remember.

+1 depending on what inverts and corals you have, you may have to take some things out and put them in a isolation tub. Clams don't love PP and LPS will be deflated

Cdodge1
10/04/2015, 01:28 AM
+1 depending on what inverts and corals you have, you may have to take some things out and put them in a isolation tub. Clams don't love PP and LPS will be deflated

Agreed!

Reeferside
10/04/2015, 01:38 AM
If the cleaner shrimp don't get it you could probably do a fw dip and it would fall off.

Thanks for the advice!

Holy crap that doesn't look good... I agree FW dip would kill it

Thanks for your input :)

Very good information! Thank you very much!

Agreed!

Good information

Reeferside
10/04/2015, 01:38 AM
UPDATE:

I was getting ready to FW dip and all the above but I looked closer and it seems it is gone. Its been 2 days and it hasn't popped back up. Will keep a close eye.. None of my other fish have it so far either. Thanks for all the help and responses guys. You guys are the best!!!

Cdodge1
10/04/2015, 07:42 PM
Great to hear man! Keep those fishes fat and healthy and their immune systems will stay strong. Thank you for posting an update, and I am glad to hear it's gone. Maybe the cleaner shrimp got it after all?

Reeferside
10/04/2015, 08:03 PM
Great to hear man! Keep those fishes fat and healthy and their immune systems will stay strong. Thank you for posting an update, and I am glad to hear it's gone. Maybe the cleaner shrimp got it after all?

Thank you for the help bud!! I think so, I caught my angel swimming next to the cleaner shrimp a couple times in the last few days as if he was asking to be cleaned.

I'll continue to keep an eye out. I wish my fish would get fatter quicker. I feed them all day long whenever is possible, in little spurts so the food doesn't get wasted. They love it