PDA

View Full Version : Ich and tank set up

Island Son
10/02/2015, 05:57 AM
Long story short after moving fish into new tank they developed ICH. The old tank is still set up and running, pulled all rock and inverts out but sand is still there. Can I run copper with sand in place? I know it will be trash after and I'm good with that. My fear is if I remove all sand I will stir up crap and then tank will crash or have to cycle again. I need to treat fish now not wait for a cycle.

DOGGIE750
10/02/2015, 10:41 AM
Bombs away..... U may proceed if u have no intention on the sand. However, sand removal shouldn't be a struggle since the tank is empty. Running the pump and filter should do the trick. Also, you do not need to cycle the tank but 30% WC should balance your parameters. GL.
Be advised, fish can fight the ich on their own unless you see sign of weaknesses on the fish part.

snorvich
10/02/2015, 10:50 AM
Bombs away..... U may proceed if u have no intention on the sand. However, sand removal shouldn't be a struggle since the tank is empty. Running the pump and filter should do the trick. Also, you do not need to cycle the tank but 30% WC should balance your parameters. GL.
Be advised, fish can fight the ich on their own unless you see sign of weaknesses on the fish part.

I disagree with both points above. Sand will make it difficult to maintain a therapeutic dosage, ich can kill fish eventually.

jimmyj7090
10/02/2015, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately that sign of weakness can easily be the fish dying of ick :(

microlady
10/07/2015, 10:02 AM
unfortunately that sign of weakness can easily be the fish dying of ick :(

yes!