PDA

View Full Version : iPhone App

bradjc
10/03/2015, 04:36 PM
I really wish you would update your iPhone App to be more like your Fusion themed website. The link to the website is annoying for me because I use the fusion site rarely and every time I go to it It wants username and password, even when I save to remember me. It only seems to save the information for a day or 2.

cardiffgiant
10/03/2015, 08:53 PM
Yes to all of this. I like the interface of fusion way more than the app and I constantly have to log back into the app.

dentnshell
10/04/2015, 06:19 AM
I simply wish the app worked like it used to before fusion. Since fusion the app will no longer remain connected in a usable fashion. I like the app for its simplicity when doing water changes, controlling the return pump etc.

bradjc
10/06/2015, 07:48 PM
Here is what I see every time I go into it. I'm too lazy so I use the old school app instead.

FishN00b83
10/07/2015, 04:43 AM
Yeah the hardware is moving forward but the software is really falling behind. An update is really needed

slief
10/09/2015, 09:44 AM
The Apex App was not developed by Neptune Systems. It was developed by a fellow Apex user. While it's possible there may be a future update to the App, I'm not sure I would expect one, let alone a complete revamp like suggested above. Neptune is focusing their developmental resources to furthering the product line along with enhancements to Fusion. The Fusion log off/session timeout issue is more of a cloud issue than it is a Fusion issue. Neptune may be able to provide a future workaround for that but then again they may not since I think much of that falls on the OS of the smart phone or computer and security policies. That said, I use the App from time to time and it seems to work fine for me. It's easy enough to Navigate and while it does have some quirks, it could be worse.

I've been a Neptune user since the mid 90's when the very first Aqua Controller was released. These products and software have come a very long way. While Fusion, the native Apex web interface or the App aren't perfect, the product continues to mature and develop and there are multiple ways to access your Apex from anywhere. Especially if you setup port forwarding and address dynamic DNS issues that that accompany typical DSL installations. I can use Fusion, the Apex app as well as the native Apex browser from anywhere. In fact, I rarely use Fusion and instead rely primarily on the native Apex web interface for most everything and really don't find any issues with any of the means of connecting as long as the short comings of each are understood.