PDA

View Full Version : AI prime w/ t5 on 75gal mixed ????

kniquy
10/06/2015, 08:19 AM
So I want to add some LEDs to my 75gal mixed. I came across the AI prime which seem great because of the wifi and at $199 right what I can spend right now. I am not sure the depth capabilities of this lighting. I think when I have researched most are on smaller tanks but I will keep some of my T5's. My 75g is 18 inches deep. I will continue to run 4-T5 bulbs to supplement. Right now I only plan on purchasing one led but will add on in a few months. Does anyone know if this light would work ok at this depth along with the T5's?

Any help or other suggestions appreciated!!!

CaminDFW2
10/06/2015, 09:17 AM
My only question is how you would mount it to compliment the T5's? It will penetrate down to 18" (par would be fine for LPS).

kniquy
10/06/2015, 09:38 AM
I was thinking I would have one set of t5 in the very from of my hood and one in the back with a tank mounted arm to situate the led in between the two over the center of the tank. So I guess the rear t5 would be slightly obstructed by the arm. I will add on another LEDs in a few months so one on side of the tank.

What is the minimum height that the prime should be above the water line? I am thinking with the setup I am envisioning it would be 6 inches. That might be too close

CaminDFW2
10/06/2015, 09:48 AM
They are fully adjustable - the max height is 11.25 - at 6", I would be careful about splashing. I have mine at the max height, I may lower to around 9" or so for better par on the sandbed. You have to be careful with LEDS - you really can't judge the output visually as there are spectrum's we can see but the corals are picking up. You can easily bleach corals if not careful.