PDA

View Full Version : Another rw8 or a gyre?

ajreefer721
10/08/2015, 10:03 AM
So a little bit about my tank... I have a 65 gallon acrylic tank with 1 rw8 and a wp10. My tank is suffering from dead spots and lack of flow. I have my rw8 at about half power and if I turn it up it just blows everything away. The wp10 is at full power and doesn't seem like it's doing much.

SO, I've been looking into buying a Maxspect gyre xf130 or another rw8 to use with the one I already have. What are you're thoughts or opinions on the two? I'll be going to the Lfs this weekend

Thanks in advance

skeeter_ca
10/08/2015, 10:29 AM
I have two RW-8 in my 75 turned down to 20% with a ocean motion returning in all for corners and there are no dead spots in my tank.

150Ron
10/08/2015, 11:24 AM
I have a Gyre150 with a RW-8. No dead spots period. I just added the RW-8....great combo

ajreefer721
10/08/2015, 01:08 PM
I appreciate the responses... I'm still on the fence on this though.... Any others with some input?

ajreefer721
10/11/2015, 03:06 PM
So I purchased another rw8. Going to install it later and see how it goes. [emoji16]

ajreefer721
10/14/2015, 09:29 AM
So far I'm liking the dual rw8 setup and so do my corals. However, I'm having a problem with the C mode where they are supposed to alternate back and forth. I have one that starts and doesn't stop until a few seconds after the other starts. And at other times I have both that will be off at the same time . Anyone else have a problem like this? Am I doing something wrong?

tmc1313
10/14/2015, 01:11 PM
So far I'm liking the dual rw8 setup and so do my corals. However, I'm having a problem with the C mode where they are supposed to alternate back and forth. I have one that starts and doesn't stop until a few seconds after the other starts. And at other times I have both that will be off at the same time . Anyone else have a problem like this? Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. I have a post just above yours about this specific problem. In C mode, they will start in sync (back and forth) and then after a while they become out of sync and will do exactly what your seeing. I witnessed it first hand on my friends tank last night. Apparently, you need to order the JB wave and this will eliminate any problems and give you full and precise control. We will see, I have two RW8's on order along with the JB wave.

nuxx
10/14/2015, 01:38 PM
I'd say try the gyre as well...

Hardcore Jabao lover over here... even hooked all ours up to the APEX and put a bunch of programs for them to run through... but with less pumps playing around with a gyre would be fun. Just in too deep over here...

ajreefer721
10/14/2015, 03:34 PM
No, you are not doing anything wrong. I have a post just above yours about this specific problem. In C mode, they will start in sync (back and forth) and then after a while they become out of sync and will do exactly what your seeing. I witnessed it first hand on my friends tank last night. Apparently, you need to order the JB wave and this will eliminate any problems and give you full and precise control. We will see, I have two RW8's on order along with the JB wave.

Do you know if the jebao apex cable work for this too?

ajreefer721
10/14/2015, 03:35 PM
I'd say try the gyre as well...

Hardcore Jabao lover over here... even hooked all ours up to the APEX and put a bunch of programs for them to run through... but with less pumps playing around with a gyre would be fun. Just in too deep over here...

I'd love to try it out but I don't have the funds to pay for another power head.

kmbyrnes
10/16/2015, 05:50 AM
Loving my RW8 pair in the reef and the RW15 in the FOWLR. Wanting to go gyre for the big tank but nay have to settle for some Jebaos