PDA

View Full Version : Watchman Goby Introduction

jharding08
10/09/2015, 12:19 PM
Is it possible to add a Diamond Watchman Goby to an established tank with Tangs, Dwarf Angels and Mandarin Dragonets?

I have tried three times to introduce a DWG to my tank and everytime they go directly to the rocks and NEVER come out.

I have a soft spot for the DWG. It was one of my first 4 fish I had in my tank before I moved. Unfortunately it jumped from the temporary holding tank and I have been trying to introduce a new one ever since.

My current fish inventory is Sailfin Tang, Foxface Rabbitfish, Kole Tang, Misbar Ocellaris Clownfish,Flame Angel, Mandarin Dragonet, 2 Chromis, Leopard Wrasse.

Are DWGs just very passive and prime for bullying by more aggressive fish?

Dkuhlmann
10/09/2015, 05:28 PM
You should get one of those hang on clear plastic or netting breeder boxes so it can spend a day or two in there before you let it loose. Might make them a bit calmer so they don't go high tailing it for the rocks.

jharding08
10/15/2015, 01:55 PM
I do have a external overflow that I can put screens on the bulkheads and turn it around to put in the tank. i did that for my leopard wrasse that I found in my filter sock bucket after probably a month. I wanted to monitor her and keep her out of the heavy flow.

Might have to try that for my next DWG, I dont think this one is going to come out ever

Irishdolphin
10/15/2015, 04:53 PM
...and everytime they go directly to the rocks and NEVER come out........Are DWGs just very passive and prime for bullying by more aggressive fish?
Tagging along as I have had 2 do this. It definitely seems like the first 48 hrs is critical but don't know why