PDA

View Full Version : Apex controller stalls and lags

125mph
10/11/2015, 08:39 PM
Anyone have this issue? My apex controller stalls like crazy. For example, when I hit some buttons sometimes it works fine and sometimes there's a 5-10 second lag before it accepts the button command. Sometimes during the stall the whole screen will be blank. I can get around this by using the web controls but I'd like to figure how to fix this issue. I gave the latest software updates.

slief
10/11/2015, 09:03 PM
Did you update the modules including the display module after doing the firmware updates? Might also try updating the bootloader.

125mph
10/12/2015, 09:27 PM
Did you update the modules including the display module after doing the firmware updates? Might also try updating the bootloader.

How do you update the modules? What's the bootloader?

I do have the new website installed.

slief
10/13/2015, 09:21 AM
How do you update the modules? What's the bootloader?

I do have the new website installed.

Module updates are covered on page 128 of the manual.. Click here:
https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/Comprehensive_Reference_Manual.pdf

To update the bootloader (covered on page 125 of the manual):
From your display module, navigate to System –
Update Bootloader and press the Select button (middle button). The updated
bootloader will be installed and the controller will reboot.

125mph
10/18/2015, 10:57 PM
Module updates are covered on page 128 of the manual.. Click here:
https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/Comprehensive_Reference_Manual.pdf

To update the bootloader (covered on page 125 of the manual):
From your display module, navigate to System –
Update Bootloader and press the Select button (middle button). The updated
bootloader will be installed and the controller will reboot.

I did the bootloader update... didn't help.. Then I tried to update my EB8 and my PM1... now both are solid range and all my stuff isn't powered correctly.. did some search and seems the orange light means the firmware update failed and its stuck in limbo mode.. anyone know how to fix this?

125mph
10/18/2015, 11:18 PM
I did the bootloader update... didn't help.. Then I tried to update my EB8 and my PM1... now both are solid range and all my stuff isn't powered correctly.. did some search and seems the orange light means the firmware update failed and its stuck in limbo mode.. anyone know how to fix this?

Well, just contacted support.. hope they can fix this.. for now I just powered everything from my eb8 to a regular power strip...