PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy liquid nitrate

ksicard
10/14/2015, 06:56 AM
Hey all,
I'm using all in one bio pellets and I have run into a problem where my nitrates are undetectable but my po4 sits at 0.08ppm-0.09ppm and I have read about how people will dose nitrate in order to get their po4 to drop. I'm not sure where to purchase this type of product and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I tried searching for the answer but my search didnt pan out. Thanks in advance.

shifty51008
10/14/2015, 07:40 AM
Why not just run gfo to lower the phosphate?

toothybugs
10/14/2015, 07:59 AM
I bought sodium nitrate salts off Amazon and made a solution of known concentration to help out my macros. I scrapped the idea though after blowing my NO3 and PO4 values through the roof with a dosing miscalculation that precipitated a GHA outbreak that took me 3 months to rein in.

I would suggest you use GFO or lanthanum. Both are safer.

ksicard
10/14/2015, 11:09 AM
I was hoping to get away from having multiple reactors running but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. Sounds like dosing nitrates is a PITA so I'm just going to hook up my old phosban reactor.

I was really hoping the all in one pellets would take care of the phosphates and nitrates but it seems like my tank chemistry is out of whack for that to happen. My nitrates are undetectable via red sea pro test kit and my phosphates are hovering around 0.08-0.09ppm which is just high enough for my hair algae to grow back and cover the tank. Back to GFO, at least my GFO should last much longer with the pellets keeping phosphates fairly low.

heathlindner25
10/14/2015, 03:31 PM
Why don't you just feed more coral food,or add some more fish?

Hwobarg
10/14/2015, 03:45 PM
I would run GFO. But Brightwell sells liquid nitrate...