PDA

View Full Version : Question on Genicanthus family angel in 6' tank

Ltrace
10/14/2015, 12:18 PM
Can you keep more than 1 angel of the Genicanthus family in a 6ft long 120gal tank?

BrianD
10/14/2015, 04:05 PM
[moved]...

Dmorty217
10/14/2015, 05:30 PM
A male/female pair possibly. Males are very poor shippers just a FYI

snorvich
10/14/2015, 06:12 PM
A male/female pair possibly. Males are very poor shippers just a FYI

This. Getting a male shipped and surviving is very difficult as mentioned.

dendrite
10/14/2015, 07:38 PM
Have a 6 ft. 180 gallon . I put in two small genicanthus , one female Lamarck, and a female watanabei. The Lamarck transitioned to male and the two get along just fine for well over a year. Perfectly reef safe, with the male displaying for the female.

JoeVandal49
10/15/2015, 05:40 PM
I had two Lamarcks together in a 6 foot tank. Two females. there was some bickering for awhile, but it seemed to work itself out, and nothing too agressive. Unfortunately i lost the larger of the two for unknown reasons and only have one currently.

Giovanni
10/15/2015, 06:04 PM
I have two watanabei females in my 180.One is dominant and is growing larger. There is occasional chasing but no harm as both are fat. They have been together for over a year. I originally had a "bonded" pair but the male did not survive anytime. I purchased a second bonded pair and again the male did not last anytime. I am hopeful the dominant female will transition. She is going larger and does seem to be getting longer streamers. With all the reports of males not surviving long after shipping, I am inclined to think the better approach is getting two females in hopes of one turning male after established. In fact this would be a less expensive approach due to the males costing more.