PDA

View Full Version : BTA looking weird

Dkuhlmann
10/15/2015, 02:38 AM
What in the world is going on with this BTA? Has anyone ever seen this I've got two of my 4 doing it. The body is really thick and it appears that it's folding it's tentacles downward. This one has been walking around a bit lately on it's rock. The rock has all 4 of my nems on it, the other 3 have been staying put and bunched together. Like I said one of the other ones is doing this as well.

Water parameters are acceptable, and all of my corals look perfectly happy both LPS and leathers.

Any ideas what's going on?

enchelycore808
10/15/2015, 04:32 PM
Looks almost like its starting to absorb its tents. Are the other news on the rock overshadowing it and keeping it from getting enough light? Are the other news the same type of BTA? For some reason my rainbows do not get along with my particular type of GBTA. If I put them in close proximity, they start running around and if i don't do anything, they shrink, bleach and lose their tents.

Dkuhlmann
10/15/2015, 05:27 PM
They're all clones. It's on the side of the rock and it put itself there by climbing over from spending time on the other side. LOL

Yeah it seems that these for whatever reason want to be fed or they do weird stuff like this. Last time when I fed them they all bubbled up the next day, then downhill after that. Really weird.

The other one that is doing this is on top of the rock with full lights.

Dkuhlmann
10/16/2015, 07:37 AM
Over 100 views and nobody has any idea what could be causing this? Never seen it before?

Irishdolphin
10/16/2015, 02:13 PM
Wish I could help or offer something insightful but only time I've seen BTAs look like that is after a bad shipping experience but I think yours is well established?

Dkuhlmann
10/16/2015, 05:49 PM
Yes that one is in the tank over 4 months but probably longer. The other 3 are more recent. I'm going to do a big wc tomorrow and see what happens.