PDA

View Full Version : breeding banded pipefish now fighting

M.R Cowfish
10/17/2015, 01:24 PM
My Banded Pipefish just started breeding , the male has eggs on his belly . Its been about 4 days since he has had the eggs, and all of a sudden today he is attacking the female non stop. She has a small slit on he tail now anybody had this happen? Going to have to split them up I think . Nothing in the tank has changed its just those 2 pipefish in the tank . The tank is 60 gallons and have had the pipes for about 8 months and they have never fought before . Any help is appreciated

M.R Cowfish
10/22/2015, 10:58 PM
OK so I think I figured out what happened . So I run a Kessil a360we and I run my spectrum at %100 blue at %100 intensity for most of the day never really use the whiter spectrum. I decided to turn the white on about %35 and that's when he started attacking her. Was trying to separate them and decided to dim the light as soon as I turned it back to blue only the male immediately went back to normal. Guessing the male did not recognize her color with the spectrum change so though she was new to the tank . So glad I know that now.

vlangel
10/23/2015, 05:18 AM
I am glad you figured it out for the female's sake. Good luck!