PDA

View Full Version : RO Filters?

drillsar
10/17/2015, 08:09 PM
4 Stage RODI Deluxe Replacement Filter Kit who makes the filters? I have a spectrapure and wondering if the filters are just as good. Thanks

drillsar
10/17/2015, 08:13 PM
also do u accept paypal?

WOLFDAY
10/17/2015, 08:39 PM
I got mine in ebay...hope this helps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380427358066

WOLFDAY
10/17/2015, 08:40 PM
im a bit late lol

Premiumaq
10/18/2015, 06:14 PM
Sorry for the delay. We have several types of filters, including Spectrapure membranes.

Each of the pre-filter membranes (carbon blocks, diatom filters, sediment filters) are made by various companies to spec for standard units, among them SpectraPure. We've found no difference among the lab-grade cartridges, so we use many suppliers. The same is true for the DI resin. The bulk grade hasn't shown significant difference to the branded, except for specialty media like phos-buster or others.

So long as the cartridges meet their nominal guarantees for pass-through and micron size, you should be fine using any of the available manufacturers. By using in-line TDS meters, or by adding probe-ports to your unit so that you can apply a TDS meter after each stage, you can pinpoint when a cartridge is used up and replace that one specifically instead of replacing them all on an unnecessary schedule.

drillsar
10/18/2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. I tested my RO unit with a TDS handheld

TDS going into RO/DI is 450

TDS after sediment/carbon is 443

After membrane before DI 115

I figure I am in need for all the filters including the membrane.

drillsar
10/18/2015, 07:58 PM
I will make a order once I get a invoice or whatever way to pay by paypal.. I sent a email and I guess will get back to me tm..

shifty51008
10/19/2015, 01:25 AM
You wont get much of a change in tds from just the carbon and sediment filters but from your numbers the membrane for sure is shot.

To check if your carbon and sediment filters are shot change them every 6 months or when pressure starts to drop.

The di change when reads 1ppm

Hope that helps

drillsar
10/22/2015, 03:53 PM
I just installed filters today.. Quick ? is the sediment filter supposed to have washers or no? It leaks..

Premiumaq
10/22/2015, 08:48 PM
Many sediment filters don't have gaskets or washers on them, they're just tubes of fibrous material. What do you mean by it leaks? If the canister is leaking, it may be a matter of tightening it more with a canister wrench, or it may mean there's something in the threads allowing for water to escape.

drillsar
10/23/2015, 09:57 AM
I am getting no pressure around 20 psi.. I am thinking perhaps I have something installed wrong

Premiumaq
10/23/2015, 11:46 AM
Are you saying that you're getting no pressure at the end of the unit, and you've got 20 psi going in? That's definitely an issue... Have you settled the leak issue yet? If not you're losing pressure there. Most of your pre-filtration cartridges like carbon blocks and sediment filters work regardless of the end you drop into the canister. Most DI cartridges are obviously geared to stand one way, and they're normally also etched with arrows indicating their proper orientation somewhere on the plastic cartridge.
That leaves your membrane, and it's also set up to indicate direction of flow. Make the arrow on the membrane point toward the end of the membrane housing that has the output line and the waste line - the direction of flow through the unit.
Unless you have a flow restrictor somewhere in line that is facing the wrong way, or you have a check valve in-line that's stopped or facing backward, there are not a lot of ways to install things wrong on these units.
(You may want to pull each line and look for an old filament style flow restrictor. Ideally, it would be in the waste line off of the membrane housing - but it may be somewhere else if the unit wasn't properly assembled. For under 5 bucks you can get a permanent flow restrictor that won't wear out or plug up.) 100 gpd permanent restrictor (http://premiumaquatics.com/products/flow-restrictor-100-gpd-roquickconnect.html)

drillsar
10/23/2015, 11:54 AM
i had the membrane in wrong. I hope I didn't ruin it.