PDA

View Full Version : research undergoing

MasJASLYW
10/19/2015, 11:29 AM
trying to mass produce seahorse in my area. can i ask anyone have more than 20 % success rate on maintaining juveniles seahorse up to 2 months old

vlangel
10/19/2015, 12:47 PM
trying to mass produce seahorse in my area. can i ask anyone have more than 20 % success rate on maintaining juveniles seahorse up to 2 months old

I have only tried to raise fry once and my pair are erectus so easier than some species. I raised 15 out of 22 to sexual maturity at which time I re-homed them.

touchingstoves
10/19/2015, 01:38 PM

What species of seahorse?

rayjay
10/19/2015, 03:55 PM
20% is not a problem but for me, getting over the 60% was my barrier.
I used to raise H. reidi using 4L glass jars for the first few months and then transfer them to aquariums after 8 to 10 weeks.
It DID take me to the tenth try to have my first successes, but it was all uphill after that.
Now I use "muck bucket" containers in the style that Dan Underwood uses his large round containers for raising.
I am quitting the fry raising now as the markets here are to the point I can't get rid of all the last batch of H. erectus.
My H. reidi Fry Raising Page (http://www.angelfire.com/ab/rayjay/fry.html)

pledosophy
10/20/2015, 07:07 AM
20% is very low. Some people have hit 90% (after the first 5 day mark) on the regular.