PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish quit spawning

codyreed29
10/19/2015, 07:13 PM
After two egg laying my clownfish have stopped spawning.

I took the eggs out after day two on the last hatch. I probably should have waited till the last night won't do that again.

It's been three weeks since the last batch hatched.

Will they stop spawning forever?

Kinda bummed as I finally have some experience and my rotifers and pythoplankton setup right.

ginpang
10/19/2015, 08:18 PM
Any changes in water quality or light cycles ?

codyreed29
10/20/2015, 10:24 AM
No haven't change any Temps water quality or lights.

I have slowed using vodka and added a ats.

I have noticed some mating behavior twitching and aggressiveness toward other fishes.

billsreef
10/20/2015, 12:26 PM
Feed them well, and they will likely start breeding again ;)

BIGCYCS805
10/20/2015, 12:29 PM
My clowns seem like they take a break every once in awhile but start laying within a few weeks I've never tried taking the eggs out there's only been one time when I looked in the tank in the night and saw babies swimming around most of time by the morning they're all gone

president89
10/30/2015, 05:34 PM
Keep the water quality up and feed them heavily. Keep everything consistent and don't bother them. The more you walk by and look for eggs, the longer they will make you wait.

ThRoewer
10/30/2015, 06:14 PM
If they are young and just started spawning, don't expect them to be overly regular. It will take a while for them get into the groove.
Also, all my previous pairs would take breaks, sometimes for a couple of weeks, sometimes for months but then start again.
You actually want them to take breaks once in a while as the care for the eggs can be very taxing on the males. I had a clarkii male almost die from exhaustion because the female was laying eggs every 7 to 10 days. At times the poor guy had to care for two nests at the same time and hardly got enough food while the female would eat for two.