PDA

View Full Version : Domino clown offspring

Taahirs
10/20/2015, 12:10 PM
Hi guys

I've got a chance to get a pair of domino clowns at a great price. I've always being interested I'm breeding fish and now I've decided is the time to start.

I've done loads of research about breeding and raising fry. But I've got one question.

Will the offspring from the pair of dominos be dominos or will they be a mix of normal and black?

shifty51008
10/20/2015, 05:16 PM
They should be dominos but you may get some that look diffrent like missbar or such from regular clowns. Depends on the water quality

Taahirs
10/21/2015, 12:56 PM
They should be dominos but you may get some that look diffrent like missbar or such from regular clowns. Depends on the water quality

Interesting, so if the water quality takes a dip when a certain batch of eggs are laid then those are less likely to be dominos?

And then if the water quality is corrected then the next batch would have more dominos?

shifty51008
10/22/2015, 02:26 AM
I would agree with that. Imo it is water quality that shows missbars or deformed fish. Wether that is true or not i cant say for certain but i used to get alot of missbar clowns when my water quality sucked, after i learned more and changed things around and my water quality got much better i rarely get missbars or deformed clowns