PDA

View Full Version : Automatic R/O Refill Storage

wcharon
10/21/2015, 06:27 AM
Hi Jeremy....

Hope everything is OK... I need your advise here. I am interested to automate my RO Storage Brute and here are the conditions i will like to have:

1. I want to refill the Brute automatically maybe by pressure.
a. Refill it to 10 or 20 gallon in the same Brute.
b. Shut Off automatically once refilled to either amount.
c. Another high level Float Valve for the waste water container level to also shut down the input.

2. I will like to turn it on / off manually because i have more pressure in the mornings or if you have any other recommendation.

3. I will also like you to have in sync for future an AWC system to avoid double costs but the problem that i have is that my tank is fair away from my laundry and i don't have a way to do AWC automatically and run lines inside the house. I am thinking to build a moving system to only do water changes on Saturdays morning. Overhere in PR we have cement walls.

Please give me advise in what i need and your best recommendation to see if i can archive what i am looking. Hope i explained well this little project.

Thanks in advance...

wcharon
10/21/2015, 06:58 AM
Jeremy, i think i found part of what i need in the Website. It is the Float Level Controller for RO & RO-DI systems - FLC-10.

If this is correct then i ned the adapters for the plumbing. Please advise...

shifty51008
10/21/2015, 10:47 PM
The part about auto filling a tank is your gonna have very high tds going into the di on startup. I like to send the first 5 min of ro water down the drain to get rid of the tds creep 1st, this will let your di stage last longer. If they can do that automatically at a reasonable price that would be great

wcharon
10/22/2015, 05:03 AM
The part about auto filling a tank is your gonna have very high tds going into the di on startup. I like to send the first 5 min of ro water down the drain to get rid of the tds creep 1st, this will let your di stage last longer. If they can do that automatically at a reasonable price that would be great

Thanks. This is a good point.

Jeremy hasn't replied to me yet but i expect his recommendation today so i can place the order. I am also a little confused with the FLC-10 and if i should use the Float Valve and the Ball Valve in terms of reliability.

Will keep updated.

SpectraPure
10/22/2015, 04:19 PM
We don't want to put a float valve on the waste line at all. What are we collecting waste water for? Our waste reservoir should be 3-4 times bigger than our product reservoir, or it should be in a place that can have an overflow either to a drain or to outside.

When you want to shut off the product brute automatically but you want to manually turn it on or off is confusing me a little bit. I think what you want is that you want to manually do it, but have the option for it to turn off on its own.

We have auto water exchange pumps that are not litermeter based. they use the same pump, but they just plug in to transfer water like any other pump, but they are far more reliable and durable.

I need a little more info before I can give any advice.

Jeremy

Jeremy

wcharon
10/22/2015, 05:55 PM
We don't want to put a float valve on the waste line at all. What are we collecting waste water for? Our waste reservoir should be 3-4 times bigger than our product reservoir, or it should be in a place that can have an overflow either to a drain or to outside.

When you want to shut off the product brute automatically but you want to manually turn it on or off is confusing me a little bit. I think what you want is that you want to manually do it, but have the option for it to turn off on its own.

We have auto water exchange pumps that are not litermeter based. they use the same pump, but they just plug in to transfer water like any other pump, but they are far more reliable and durable.

I need a little more info before I can give any advice.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy for responding...

Ok. At this moment i put my waste water line into the washing machine and use it for the cloths.

You are correct, what i want to do is turn the faucet on manually and when the washing machine or another brute dedicated gets filled it will shut down automatically. I wasn't thinking to use any automation pump at this moment.

In resume i want some valves or something that detects that both brutes are full and shut down the water supply. That way i can go to work and have them filled up when i have pressure.

Hope this helps...

SpectraPure
10/23/2015, 11:08 AM
I might be able to cook something up. Let me think about this for a little bit.

Jeremy

wcharon
10/23/2015, 11:59 AM
I might be able to cook something up. Let me think about this for a little bit.

Jeremy

Of course my friend. You are the BOSS... I thought i posted a drawing sketch of what i am trying to make.

This mean that i made myself more clear...Excellent.

SpectraPure
10/27/2015, 10:58 AM
Ok,

So if we use this product here. With an ASO valve and a check valve we can achieve what you want to do.

The solenoid will go on the line between the carbon and the membrane, but the airline sensor tube will go in the washing machine. You will have to find a way to mount it to the washing machine so that you can remove it once you are done. The aso and check valve will go into the normal spots, and your float will be on your product water reservoir.

So what will happen is that if the washing machine fills up the airline tube will activate the pressure switch and shut the system water off. You then see that it is full and you remove the waste line and airline tube, and then you can move the airline to the product water reservoir and the waste line down the drain so the system will shut off completely when the product water is full. If the product water fills up before the waste line which wont happen unless you only need a little product water, or if you washing machine is already mostly full, the waste line will shut off normally with the ASO when the product water is full.

I can get a little more creative, but this is a good start.

Jeremy

wcharon
10/27/2015, 11:06 AM
Ok,

So if we use this product here. With an ASO valve and a check valve we can achieve what you want to do.

The solenoid will go on the line between the carbon and the membrane, but the airline sensor tube will go in the washing machine. You will have to find a way to mount it to the washing machine so that you can remove it once you are done. The aso and check valve will go into the normal spots, and your float will be on your product water reservoir.

So what will happen is that if the washing machine fills up the airline tube will activate the pressure switch and shut the system water off. You then see that it is full and you remove the waste line and airline tube, and then you can move the airline to the product water reservoir and the waste line down the drain so the system will shut off completely when the product water is full. If the product water fills up before the waste line which wont happen unless you only need a little product water, or if you washing machine is already mostly full, the waste line will shut off normally with the ASO when the product water is full.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy.... Sounds good to me.

Can you point me out the parts needed from your Website go get going???

wcharon
10/27/2015, 12:07 PM
Ok,

Jeremy

Jeremy.. I think you forgot to include the link of the recommended product.

Thanks...

SpectraPure
10/27/2015, 03:49 PM
http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-OFF/SENSOR-TUBE-CONTROL-RESERVOIR-FILL-SYSTEMS/Single-Tank-Liquid-Level-Controller-115VAC

wcharon
10/28/2015, 06:21 AM
Thanks Jeremy....

Sorry but i am a little confused and i don't know if it is better to give you a call to clarify. If you prefer that way please let me know when i can call you otherwise i will expose my doubts here just in case because your time is valuable...

If i get the package you mentioned (LLC-S-115) i don't see included the solenoid you mentioned to go on the line between the carbon and the membrane. Maybe i am not understanding the function of the switched 24 volt AC connector or i need to include it in the package???? Also do i need to include a pressure booster pump for a better filter life or to use the 24 volt switched???

Please explain as i want to be sure what i am ordering and prefer to only make one order.....

SpectraPure
10/28/2015, 12:58 PM
The solenoid is in the black box. It is wired to a pressure switch. Pm me your phone number, and I can call you after a bit.

Jeremy

wcharon
10/28/2015, 04:12 PM
The solenoid is in the black box. It is wired to a pressure switch. Pm me your phone number, and I can call you after a bit.

Jeremy

PM'd the information requested.

Thanks...