PDA

View Full Version : General Zoanthid Growth Rate

DerNaschkatze
10/22/2015, 10:12 PM
Hey,

So one of my long term goals in reefing is to have a Zoa garden with several kinds meeting in the middle. Ive got a few types now growing on the same rock (Dragon Eyes, Rasta, Scrambled Eggs and Watermelon).

The dragon eyes were on their first, started with a few polyps and have now exploded to 50+ with a few months. Any ideas on how to get similar growth with the others? They seem to be lagging behind considerably, considering they are on the same rock.

Relojdepeso
10/24/2015, 03:50 PM
Different zonas grow at different rate.a Zoar in one tank might grow great and you with the same Zoa might just melt.

kraftyforu
10/30/2015, 08:34 AM
If you have them when they meet eventually one will outgrow the others. These red ones have started to take over the others and are beating them out for space.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w133/kraftyforu/IMG_6371.jpg (http://s175.photobucket.com/user/kraftyforu/media/IMG_6371.jpg.html)

roninmagik1
10/30/2015, 01:40 PM
the difference in growth rates is amazing. i've had one polyp of valentines day massacre that has only grown one polyp in a little over a year. some of my others have gone from just a few polyps to cover a whole rock about 4 inches by 4 inches, probably about 100 - 200 polyps in the same time period.

usually the more expensive the zoa, the less it grows, and the cheap one that you don't care about and lost track of will propogate and take over your tank....=)

SuperNova144
11/14/2015, 12:47 AM
Hello all. Any recommendations on what to feed tank that will cause zoas and palys to grow faster:
Currently using oyster feast, fuel supplement by aqua vitro, and Kent's tech I iodine supplement....?

goliwala
11/14/2015, 01:43 AM
My goal is same as yours, beautiful Zoa garden. I've been dosing Acro Power but less then half of recommended dose. All zoas are growing like weed, utter Choas, rastas, Acid Reflux, Darth Maul, and many more. Just watch your algae growth carefully.