PDA

View Full Version : Got my MacbookPro Back

JamesHolt
10/23/2015, 06:14 PM
What software will I need to start editing pictures, on this Mac

jroovers
10/23/2015, 06:22 PM
iPhoto is the basic software that comes on the Mac. Your software that came with your camera is probably your next best bet.

rickztahone
10/27/2015, 09:35 AM
I would highly recommend Lightroom (latest version). If you are a student, you get an even better rate for the program. Typically goes anywhere from $100-$150

JamesHolt
10/27/2015, 04:51 PM
I got the lightroom through their $9.99 a month subscription..
Never really used the Mac for more than just iTunes, so I am dealing with learning how their file system works aswell..
Tried Lightroom this weekend, had to put it up, got so frustrated with it I was ready to use Mac and Cameras for a 500yard target..:headwalls:
Brought everything to work (Mac and Cameras) so I can follow along with some of the online tutorials (no internet at house)
At least I have to Note5 to fall back on until I get this figured out...:spin1:

rickztahone
10/28/2015, 09:00 PM
I got the lightroom through their $9.99 a month subscription..
Never really used the Mac for more than just iTunes, so I am dealing with learning how their file system works aswell..
Tried Lightroom this weekend, had to put it up, got so frustrated with it I was ready to use Mac and Cameras for a 500yard target..:headwalls:
Brought everything to work (Mac and Cameras) so I can follow along with some of the online tutorials (no internet at house)
At least I have to Note5 to fall back on until I get this figured out...:spin1:

Which area are you getting hung up on?

JamesHolt
10/28/2015, 09:15 PM
Mostly comprehending what does what in the camera, and understanding how it affects the picture.
Just got done with around 4 hours of tutorials, messing with aperture priority and ISO right now, at work so no fish pics just closeups of cans,machine parts, and some kind of plastic toy critter my wife had sitting on the bookcase by the front door (got to remember to put it back in the am)
Progressing ok for now, was just really tired the other day, 18hr days will do that to you..
I will post some of the pics tomorrow...

Gonna put everything in this http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2534378 to keep it simple...

rickztahone
10/28/2015, 09:42 PM
Do you own a tripod? It is invaluable in our aquarium photography. Even a small cheap one is better than hand held.