PDA

View Full Version : ID Please - Aptasia?

Foooz
10/23/2015, 06:48 PM
I still have not figured out how to upload pictures into a thread. I would appreciate help on identifying some growths in my tank. I have posted in my album. I am concerned it is Aptasia.

To be clear I have tried multiple times to use photobucket to upload with no success. I had the same issue 5 years ago as well. It just won't work for me.

Scott

PfenWendt
10/23/2015, 06:55 PM
Hard to tell from the picture to me but i'd almost say not aiptasia...not sure what. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in soon. As for uploading pictures i always upload to imgur and just post a link haha

SALTYwaterDOG
10/23/2015, 06:57 PM
Pretty sure it's not aptasha

SALTYwaterDOG
10/23/2015, 07:37 PM
Majano anemone maybe? ?

Foooz
10/23/2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks. The are popping up in several places on two rocks. Figured if it was that easy they couldn't be good. Anyone else ?

ghostman
10/23/2015, 07:53 PM
I would say that they are aiptasia or mojanos, especially if they are popping up everywhere. You could take care of them naturally with peppermint shrimp, or other animals that may eat them. I prefer to take care of isolated aiptasia with kalk paste in a syringe. it works well, as does lemon juice or boiling water. Good luck, and keep them under control.