PDA

View Full Version : hole placement bean animal

saltwaternoobie
10/23/2015, 11:00 PM
So I have researched this lots and read on here about bean animal setup , have read center line of hole should be 4.25 inches below top of trim .I did that and it looks really low ! I haven't drilled yet just figuring out hope placement , I am using a normal slip elbow and not a street elbow ....is the 4.25 just a guide line ! Its late and tried posting a pic with my phone but will try to post a pic in am .

saltwaternoobie
10/24/2015, 06:53 AM
uploaded a pic hopefully it works and is sized properly , as you can tell it looks rather low ,considering raising the holes ! i know this question has been asked lots i just want to get it right any help would be appreciated !

CuzzA
10/24/2015, 02:06 PM
That seems too low IMO. I would want my box to be 5" deep. I would just find a tank build that you like and copy it.

saltwaternoobie
10/24/2015, 02:33 PM
That seems too low IMO. I would want my box to be 5" deep. I would just find a tank build that you like and copy it.

Once the elbow is turned down it would get deeper ?

CuzzA
10/24/2015, 03:24 PM
Right. So say the top of the box is level or slightly higher with the bottom of the exterior trim to hide the water line. You want enough room between the bottom of the box to allow a down facing elbow. Say a half inch below the elbow. You can alway cut the elbow short if you find for whatever reason you need more room.

CuzzA
10/24/2015, 03:27 PM
It's hard to say not knowing what size plumbing you're using. I would buy all your plumbing, trace it on the tank as if it were installed for a visual and that should give you a good idea exactly where to drill the holes and minimize any chance of making a mistake.

saltwaternoobie
10/24/2015, 03:34 PM
I'm using one inch bulk heads and adapting to 1.5 drain pipe ,looking at my holes I might raise the centerline a bit