PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Magnus dosing pump

Red Sea reefer
10/26/2015, 07:22 AM
Hello every one so I was planning to buy this doing pump so please any one have expirance with it let me know what you thing about it is it a good or bad idea to buy it ?? Should I buy something else ??

cincyjim
10/26/2015, 09:27 AM
I have the main unit and the 4 head unit and I've never had any issues with either one. I've had them over a year now and they work just fine. Set up is a little tricky because the directions are not that great. I bought the doser with the dosing containers. I don't care for the containers much though. I bought some thick plastic water drinking bottles (BPA free) from Wal-Mart and modified them to work as dosing bottles (simple to do). Overall, I like them and would recommend them.
Jim

Red Sea reefer
10/26/2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks a lot so for the direction there is any videos I can follow to get it done just in case

cincyjim
10/26/2015, 02:31 PM
When I first started looking at these I saw some videos on U-tube. You might find a couple still. I think you'll be able to figure it out though. I would suggest that you don't put any of the dosing lines into the sump or DT until you get it right. Practice in a saucer or something like that and when you got it right, then hook the dosing lines to the sump or DT.
Jim

codydemmel4
10/26/2015, 02:35 PM
I had this unit for about a year and it worked perfectly for me and I would buy it again

Red Sea reefer
10/26/2015, 04:02 PM
When I first started looking at these I saw some videos on U-tube. You might find a couple still. I think you'll be able to figure it out though. I would suggest that you don't put any of the dosing lines into the sump or DT until you get it right. Practice in a saucer or something like that and when you got it right, then hook the dosing lines to the sump or DT.
Jim

I think I can do that
Thanks

Red Sea reefer
10/26/2015, 04:03 PM
I had this unit for about a year and it worked perfectly for me and I would buy it again

Thanks for you comment

heritage
10/26/2015, 04:19 PM
I had one and unfortunately had problems with the unit dosing way more than it was programed for.Out of warranty so I tossed it in the trash and went with an apex and never looked back.

lionfish300
10/26/2015, 08:23 PM
I have problem with one of the head wont turn have to get replacement unit from the start

Red Sea reefer
10/26/2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys for your comments