PDA

View Full Version : Have a lot of Roy

Louis Z
10/28/2015, 11:35 PM
Anyone fed rotifers to brine shrimp for growout

billsreef
10/29/2015, 04:43 PM
Typically they are fed phyto or yeast based foods, much the same as rots are fed. Not sure they will eat something as large as rotifer. I have had artemia contaminate rot cultures and do quite well, without any issues for the rots. So I expect they weren't eating the rots, just the T-Iso I was feeding them.

Louis Z
10/29/2015, 08:55 PM
Just trying to figure out what to do with rotifer culture. I started them up thinking the clowns we're going to spawn. So I ordered them with roti grow complete . Didn't want to waste them . Recommended to remove some each day and add fresh SW . So what to do with them. I bought a live rock with orange encrusting sponge to test feeding rotifer/roti grow water to it . Too early to tell. Also testing on leather coral to see if it eats it , also have 2 tiger conchs in there . It's a bare tank no sand as these are going thru qt for min 3 months . The tiger conchs are also fed Omega One veggie kelp pellets. They seem to be eating off the bare tank floor and doing well . I think the rotifer / rotigrow makes a good detritus food . I thought of feeding the rotifer/ rotigrow to grow out brine shrimp. Just thinking of uses so as not to waste them. Waiting on the clowns to lay.

ThRoewer
10/30/2015, 02:24 PM
If you got a reef tank jus put the excess rotifers in there. You fish and coral will be more than happy to clean them up for you :)