PDA

View Full Version : Cherub Angel tries to kill black mollies

Dkuhlmann
10/29/2015, 04:16 PM
So I decided to buy a pair of black mollies to put in my reef tank. Thought it would be cool to have them giving live birth to help feed the tank. Well my Cherub Angel was having non of that and went to chasing them all over the tank. It's a 40b with med amount of rock. Only other fish are two True Perculas and one Hectors Goby which the clowns were first and I added the HG and CA together at the same time. Never much fuss in the tank accept the HG will flare up at the CA when it comes near but never a fight or chasing.

Why in the world would a CA want to fight with Black Mollies? I moved them to the sump for now, so they can at least rest while they get totally comfortable in the saltwater and get fat on eating some of the huge pods I've got down there.

I'm going to let the mollies veg for a while in the sump then plan on introducing them back into the DT in a few weeks. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

SDguy
10/29/2015, 06:57 PM
Ounce for ounce, one of the meanest angels I've ever owned.

BlueMac92
10/29/2015, 06:58 PM
Do the opposite. Put the cherub in the sump and let the mollies establish themselves. Cherubs have a napoleon complex. The size of a dwarf angel with the attitude of a garabaldi. Very territorial.

So much fiest in a small package....

Give it a week or so, then reintroduce.

BlueMac92
10/29/2015, 06:59 PM
Ounce for ounce, one of the meanest angels I've ever owned.

Right! One of the reasons I like them so much.

Little shysters...

Dkuhlmann
10/29/2015, 07:04 PM
Ya no kidding about the Napoleon complex, :lmao: that actually fits to a T. Man I was shocked when he started that and it kept getting worse. Now I see why the Hectors Goby bows up at him.

After I took the mollies out the CA was swimming all over looking for them. What a little Ahole. :hammer: And he's less than 2"

I'll let it sit a few days and see if I can find my Mollies. They were both in the first section I had pulled out my Chaeto then they went over the top into the second chamber with the Chaeto and live rock so I put the chaeto back in the fist section. Now I see one in the third section around the return pump. Think I'll put up an eggcrate wall and move them back to the first section so they'll stay put for a while. Then I'll swap them out for the Cherub.

Bogue Chitto
10/29/2015, 07:42 PM
The way I see it, fish don't want new friends, I guess they think they will take away some of there food. I am planning on getting a couple sailfin mollies and trying them in one of my tanks.