PDA

View Full Version : Toadstool Moving?

conjuay
10/30/2015, 07:02 PM
My sarcophyton coral is slowly crossing the tank (100 Gallon long). I had moved it because it was getting too large and too close to a Kenyan tree coral, but over the last few months it has 'lost' it's stem and is bridging itself from rock to rock. As it does this it doesn't appear to be creating new colonies. It also appears to have some small holes I suspect are caused by nudibranches or some similar pest. I've had this coral many years and would hate to think it is dying off or that the other corals are causing it that much distress that it is attempting to 'escape'. -Other corals are: hairy mushrooms, cabbage leathers. Kenyan tree, and a huge blue coral.
Any thoughts? THNX

Dkuhlmann
10/31/2015, 05:38 AM
This would have more replies if you had posted this in the main Soft coral forum.

The only one of your corals that could hurt or burn the one in question is the fuzzy mushrooms. They have a wicked sting. It was bad enough to make one of my BTA's get away from it while the BTA was on the move.

Now you need to find out why it's not happy and is on the move. What are your water parameters, what lighting do you have and how much flow is in your tank? These leathers like a lot of strong flow and med to high lighting.

conjuay
10/31/2015, 06:25 AM
Thanks, I hadn't realized I was in the wrong area! But thanks for the info. There must be 30 or 40 of the hairy mushrooms in there. Gotta find a swap meet!