PDA

View Full Version : otp-3000 skimmer pump replacement

runninlow
11/02/2015, 03:15 PM
i have a reeftek ts3 with a otp-3000 pump, i was wondering if anyone ever modded a different pump onto it? if you did what did you use and how did you rig it up?

thanks!

If not then i am considering order a new skimmer.

DesertReefT4r
11/02/2015, 09:55 PM
I would try to put a bubble blaster on it. I had the swc 110 version of that skimmer nad was never happy with it, that water chamber under the cup is a bad design and useless.

outy
11/03/2015, 12:42 AM
i have a reeftek ts3 with a otp-3000 pump, i was wondering if anyone ever modded a different pump onto it? if you did what did you use and how did you rig it up?

thanks!

If not then i am considering order a new skimmer.

I mesh modded that pump. did great for a year or two.

You can mod anything you want.

Bubbleblaster
Aquatrance 3000
the new DC pumps

runninlow
11/03/2015, 08:13 AM
would you be able to show me how you did it? i would be greatful, ive been checking a few pumps out and as of right now i may be laening more towards just purchasing a new skimmer. the only down fall is that now i have to cut my stand for my 120 to remove the skimmer. (my bad measurement 2 inchs too low to remove the whole skimmer box.)

outy
11/03/2015, 11:41 AM
would you be able to show me how you did it? i would be greatful, ive been checking a few pumps out and as of right now i may be laening more towards just purchasing a new skimmer. the only down fall is that now i have to cut my stand for my 120 to remove the skimmer. (my bad measurement 2 inchs too low to remove the whole skimmer box.)

Just buy the aquatrance 3000.

My OPT may be different then yours. They also changed adapters over the year before they discontinued.

The OPT had poor output, high water flow, and higher wattage consumption.