PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding next fish

Killerflash
11/05/2015, 05:57 PM
Hey everyone I need a little help and/or suggestions on what fish I should get next.

The tank is a 90 gallon FOWLR with a carpenters wrasse and white blenny.
I plan on getting a pair of clowns and a pair of dwarf angels as some of my last additions.

I was thinking about maybe an indigo or orchid dottyback next. Maybe another wrasse? I was also thinking about maybe a kole tang one day as I've been told it would work well with what I have planned.

If anyone has any input or suggestions even on other types of fish that I didn't mention that would work with what I have and the clowns/Angels I would appreciate it.

Dkuhlmann
11/05/2015, 07:28 PM
Most dottybacks are extremely aggressive. There is a very nice looking basslet called Black Cap Basslet that you might like similar to the orchid dottyback and many others.

Black Cap Basslet

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/large/lg_72303_Black%20Cap%20Basslet.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+21+47&pcatid=47

Here is the link to many different species posted by LiveAquaria. Check them out and they all tell you tank size and also have a compatability chart. Lots of good info here.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15

shred5
11/05/2015, 07:37 PM
Agreed a basslet much better than a orchid dottyback.. I have one banned to the frag tanks. I don't know how many fish he killed.

Also unless mated pair for dwarf angels which is very hard to find or they will kill each other.

Killerflash
11/05/2015, 08:38 PM
That basslet is a really pretty fish; definitely reminds me of the orchid. I've been told orchids and indigos are peaceful when it comes to dottybacks that was the only reason for considering them. I may go with a basslet though or something else if that's not the case though. Appreciate the feedback! Definitely don't want a dottyback bully.

shred5
11/05/2015, 09:41 PM
That basslet is a really pretty fish; definitely reminds me of the orchid. I've been told orchids and indigos are peaceful when it comes to dottybacks that was the only reason for considering them. I may go with a basslet though or something else if that's not the case though. Appreciate the feedback! Definitely don't want a dottyback bully.

oops mine is actually a neon that is bad.

Right Orchids are not as bad but still are aggressive. Also it is a fish you will rarely see except at feeding time.. They are in the rocks hunting most of the time.

RxReefer
11/05/2015, 10:32 PM
Liveaquaria.com has a good amount of information on fish compatability in am easy to understand chart.

RxReefer
11/05/2015, 10:33 PM
*an

tennesseebob
11/05/2015, 11:09 PM
my Orchid is out all the time, it may be because it is still small though. But i would think it would be the other way around. It is about 2" at the moment in a 150g, and he is by far the smallest fish in the tank. but he cruises around his rock in the back and hangs out with the Firefish.

e048
11/06/2015, 08:52 AM
ditch the pair of dwarf angels, get just one

and if you plan on corals I wouldn't do it. I have been lucky with a coral beauty not nipping but I do target feed him twice a day

Killerflash
11/06/2015, 10:44 AM
I think I'll get a black cap basslet next followed by a goby, fox face, 2 clowns, and maybe some kind of tang before I get my flame & coral beauty together. Does that sound like a decent plan?

davehead86
11/06/2015, 12:34 PM
I think I'll get a black cap basslet next followed by a goby, fox face, 2 clowns, and maybe some kind of tang before I get my flame & coral beauty together. Does that sound like a decent plan?

I have a coral beauty and love it. I got a really skiddish one at the LFS so it would be a non-dominant as possible and seems to get along great. Your going to probably have problems with a flame and a coral beauty though. Thats what everyone told me when I said I wanted them together.

Killerflash
11/06/2015, 01:52 PM
I have a thread separate on the Angels from what I've researched and hear from other people who have tried it, it should work if I get two small ones at the same time.

davehead86
11/06/2015, 02:29 PM
I have a thread separate on the Angels from what I've researched and hear from other people who have tried it, it should work if I get two small ones at the same time.

You do have a large tank so I could see it working, just dont be suprised if it doesnt.

Love the stocking list BTW. :)