PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Verizon fios

danrobberg
11/05/2015, 08:31 PM
I am way out of my element with this stuff. Ip addresses and things like that go way over my head. I just bought an apex jr. And want to connect it to my home network so I can view it from my phone. If anyone is familiar with fios you get a big box in the basement and wires and cables go from there to your home router. There is an Ethernet port that I tried plugging into on that box and then into the apex and while using the app for iPhone searched for my apex but nothing came up. Do I need to be plugged into the router upstairs for this to connect or will this Ethernet port work. Any tips on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

DavidGraves
11/05/2015, 09:02 PM
Have to come off the router. If running the wire is a pain they make generic wireless adapters that allow you to run a short ether net cable from it to the apex. I had a net gear wireless adapter on my audio receiver and while it would work it could not support the bandwidth to stream music. However it would prolly work for this application.

SPS911
11/06/2015, 01:14 PM
Get a Netgear WNCE2001

It's a wireless adapter that most people use on Xbox's but works well on the Apex. Cheap and simple to setup