PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Blackbox Evergrow LED lights

catfisher
11/06/2015, 03:22 PM
Just got these lights and love them so far. I'd like to customize the lights a little. Want more Blue. Anyone else have these lights and what modifications have you made with the color spectrum. I'm currently using the Timer #1 mode.

slief
11/06/2015, 03:31 PM
Just got these lights and love them so far. I'd like to customize the lights a little. Want more Blue. Anyone else have these lights and what modifications have you made with the color spectrum. I'm currently using the Timer #1 mode.

That's the issue with most of these "black box" lights. They don't have a good ratio of blues to white that is well suited for coral growth. Ideal is around 3 blues per white and some of those blues should be royal blues. Most of the black box fixtures have closer to a 1:1 ratio.

As for modding them, I can't help you there. You could always supplement with some Reef Brite strips. They have some really nice strips that would be well suited to increase the 420-460nm spectrum and even some for the UV spectrum.

catfisher
11/06/2015, 04:39 PM
I can add more blue pretty easily with the wifi controller. Just wondering what people have them set at.

zachts
11/06/2015, 06:27 PM
I can add more blue pretty easily with the wifi controller. Just wondering what people have them set at.

What ever looks good to you and keeps your coral happy, blue generally at least twice the power of white as a place to start. Make changes slowly (over weeks) if you have coral or you risk bleaching them when raising the levels too fast.

theMatrix
11/06/2015, 09:00 PM
@op.

What app are you using? The evergrows are the ones i use...im looking for a second unit but the seller disapeared from amazon.
Anyway.