PDA

View Full Version : Achilles with Ick

220tang
11/09/2015, 10:04 PM
Wanted to start by saying I had read through snorvich post on Ick. But I would love a more specfied answer towards my specific fish and situation. To start off my water parameters are as follows..
Salinity ppm 35
Ph 8.05 to 8.15
Temp 78.2 to 79.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
The flow is great in my tank and the fish is an absolute pig eats everything from flakes morning to nori throughout the day and mysis at night! I was so happy about him feeding as I literally based this tank around him! It's a 250DD currently only a magnificent fox face for fish tank mates. The tank is an sps dominated reef with one calm. I have had him only two weeks and last week I noticed him dipping and scratching on the sand bed. He is still eating and I was hoping he was healthy enough to kick it which was obviously ignorant of me. Today I did a 50 gallon water change that I have done weekly and noticed the first white specs today. The water was heated to 78 so I don't think that was the issue since there was obvious signs before. I guess my question is now how to deal with it the outbreak??? It's an Achilles tang so obviously easily stressed how do I go about treating him? I really only feel comfortable performing the hyposalinty or treating with copper out of my three options for treatment. But both seem like they would create a lot of added stress especially with the move to my QT tank since I obviously can't treat him in my reef tank. If someone could give me so advice and talk me through it I would really appreciate it.