PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor safe for reef inhabitants?

Docdiggy
11/10/2015, 06:11 PM
I have a problem with little white bugs on some of my euphyllias. I have some interceptor that I've been holding on to. Is it safe to dose the display? Will it affect fish, clams, or stars? Also, would it kill my bristle worms?

Docdiggy
11/11/2015, 05:12 AM
Morning bump

jusn317
11/11/2015, 06:52 AM
I just recently used interceptor to treat my reef because of redbugs that I noticed on some of sps. There is a ton of information on how to dose so do a search on that, but general rule is you do a total of 3 rounds of treatment.

As far as livestock goes, fish, corals, clams, starfish, should all be fine. It's the shrimp and crabs that may not survive the treatment. When I dosed I lost maybe half of hermit crabs, but my cleaner shrimp survived. I also only did two rounds of treatment instead of the three.

Art13
11/11/2015, 07:43 AM
I believe it's anything with an exoskeleton will or can be effected by it. I just used sentinel on my tank, same thing with an added ingredient pretty much, everything is fine the next day, corals, clams fish, i think i had maybe two hermits and a emerald crab in there i haven't looked for yet to see if they made it. Serpent stars are fine as well.

Docdiggy
11/11/2015, 06:44 PM
I found lots of dosing info, but not as much info on safe inhabitants. Would you guys say it was a successful treatment?

CuzzA
11/12/2015, 06:28 AM
Why are you considering treating your tank with interceptor to kill copepods? Red bugs, sure. Beneficial pods? Doesn't make sense. I have Tisbe pods crawling on my euphyllias and they are harmless. Save the interceptor for when you need it.