PDA

View Full Version : The Package Question

thelawnwrangler
11/11/2015, 08:24 PM
I am thinking about starting out with a Bio Cube or 24 gallon fluval. I think the fluval has a better protein skimmer option.

I have had fresh water, but this is my first salt water. I love the look of your rock. As a beginner I am scared I won't be able to keep the rock healthy.

Is that a realistic fear?

Fiver
11/11/2015, 08:52 PM
I'm a total newbie and started my first reef tank 2 1/2 weeks ago with the package. The rocks are loaded with life, and you won't have any problems keeping things alive. My sponges, feather dusters, barnacles, worms, porcelain crabs, sea serpent stars, sea cucumber, limpets and star fish from the first part of the package are still kicking and doing great.

I installed part two of the package about five days ago, and all of that rock, sponges, hermit crabs, brittle star, gorgonian, more porcelain crabs, rock flower anemones, tube coral, 2 sea cucumbers, 1 peppermint shrimp and macro algae are doing great.

I think some die off is to be expected, but you'll do great and your cycle will be fast and painless. You'll love it!

Good luck!