PDA

View Full Version : 3155 ozmolator pump runs/spins but does not pump water

dallast
11/12/2015, 09:19 PM
Hi
Have had my 3155 running for 4-5 months with no issues until today. Reservoir ran dry, topped off with ro water, then plugged pump back in. Pump came on as usual, but even after "shaking" pump up and down to remove bubbles, no water was pumping through. I took off hose and no water pumping through even though pump was spinning.
Can you please advise.
Thank you.

rvitko
11/13/2015, 09:39 AM
Can you verify through the bottom opening if the impeller is actually turning? If not, the impeller has separated and I would just need a copy of the receipt and we can send a new pump.

dallast
11/13/2015, 10:09 AM
Yes, the impeller is spinning.
Thank you.

rvitko
11/13/2015, 10:28 AM
If the impeller is spinning the only possibilities can be as listed below. Please be sure it is spinning and this is confirmed visually not by a motor noise, the motor may run and the impeller has come loose and is not actually turning:

1) The hose is kinked or obstructed, it would then pump when the hose is removed.

2) The white adapter that is included installed on the pump but is removable is missing and the hose is then inserted too far and rubbing the bottom of the impeller.

3) The pump is airlock, relieving this requires tipping the pump upside down while it is submerged.

4) A non factory size hose was used and has been inserted too far. The hose should only be inserted about 1/4-1/2" into the white adapter nozzle on the pump. The factory tubing is 7mm OD.

dallast
11/13/2015, 10:51 AM
Thank you for your reply. I will try turning upside down. The other possibilities do not seem plausible at this time.
I will let you know the outcome.

Swetpants
11/13/2015, 10:52 AM
Mine has done this numerous times. A good old fashion banging against the side of your top off container while it's on, underwater works for me. It's the American way

Swetpants
11/13/2015, 11:00 AM
If that doesn't work. I have another non conventional method to try. Make sure the pump is OFF, take the pump out of the water and blow (with your mouth) through the hole on the bottom until all the excess water and air is out of the line. Than put it back in the water and turn it on. This has also worked for me. The pump it comes with is crappy. Adapt and overcome.

rvitko
11/13/2015, 11:06 AM
You really should only encounter this issue if the pump runs dry and takes in air, the best fix is to just tip it upside down and this can be more effective if the pump is running at the time. If the issue is further than that, I would contact us about a replacement pump. We have used this pump for nearly 20 years with few issues, we did have some issues with them in the last 18 months, we don't make this pump so back and forth with the supplier made it lengthy to resolve.

dallast
11/14/2015, 03:57 PM
Ok. Tried turning it upside down, shaking it, blowing through it, all of the above -- no luck. I did notice that the impeller was spinning relatively slow. I bought this used on eBay, so not sure if I am covered for replacement. If not, no worries, I will just get new pump. I really like this ato and will stick with it!

rvitko
11/16/2015, 10:19 AM
I think a new pump will resolve it. It is part 5000.020. They usually last 2-3 years. The only other possibility would be the previous owner turned down the pump (if it is less than 4 years old inside the controller it will have a pump speed adjustment) but the mystery would be why it worked for a few months. You could first try turning the pump speed up.

dallast
11/16/2015, 05:47 PM
Opened the controller and it was set at midpoint. Increased to max but no go. New pump it is! Thank you for all your help!