PDA

View Full Version : a few skimmer questions

Art13
11/14/2015, 07:39 AM
First, has anyone had any experience with the Jebao D700 or similar? For the price point it really can't be beat, it says up to 200g on a heavily stocked tank. I will be setting up a 135g with a sump, probably all said and done the total water volume should be right around 14-140 after the rock displacement. I was considering this skimmer for this setup, as i'd like to have a decent amount of stock in the tank. My other two options i'm looking at are the Reef Octo Classic 202-s and the Bubble magus curve 7 or 9. I'm being budget minded which is why the curve 7 is in there, i'm wondering if that will be enough though. Any thoughts or suggestions, will the curve 7 be enough or minimum curve 9? Will the RO 202-s be enough for this size tank?

outy
11/14/2015, 11:53 AM
Nor sure about the specs, but you will want at least a 30 scfh as a minimum

Art13
11/14/2015, 01:23 PM
The octo classic 202-s is showing 27-30scfh, but also states rated for up to 265 gallons, I should go bigger then? That was the one i was leaning toward. Anything you can recommend under the $400 mark for this tank with good skimming ability and no or minimal bubbles in the sump? I've read some people had bubble issues with the jebao and also with the bubble magus curve series, maybe someone can chime in the the curve 9, that doesn't show a scfh spec on the site i'm on, but is rated for 240-400g system so i'm guessing that would put out enough of what i need, but i'm Leary of too many bubbles.