PDA

View Full Version : Another fish

Nakie31
11/14/2015, 08:38 PM
I have a 72 gal. Bow front that has been up and running for 5 1/2 months. My salinity is 1.025, ph 8.2, Ammonia is 0,Nitrite Is 0, and Nitrate is 0. I have two clownfish about 1/2" long each and 2 cleaner shrimps about 1 1/2", 5 snails that I can find, and 6 hermit crabs running around the tank and falling off the rocks. My question is, is it safe to add a sand siffing goby and if so which one should I add?

shifty51008
11/14/2015, 09:12 PM
Yeah youll be fine adding one. I would suggest a goby shrimp pair, very cool to watch.

jraker
11/14/2015, 09:18 PM
sand sifting gobies' main diet is microorganisms in the sandbed. if you do not provide that, they will starve unless you give them a lot of food. when i say a lot, i mean A LOT. they get big. your phosphates will go up, causing lots of algae. personally, i dont like how the sand gets everywhere. when they dump sand out, they dont care where is goes. when i had one, i had to dig up my corals every few hours.

like shifty said, add a goby and a shrimp pair. the goby will stand guard, while the pistol shrimp digs a cave. there will be large hills of sand formed by the shrimp digging. just be sure to provide rubble so they can build caves

hope this helped