PDA

View Full Version : Custom Packaging now available

OCEANVIEW ENT
11/16/2015, 12:31 PM
Hello Reef Central

Due to interest in custom package deals, we decided that we can create any package you want. We have many existing clients that are looking to upgrade but do not need the total kit but just a few add ons.

Please feel free to combine any products to make your package and we will get you a price.

If anyone has any questions please contact me at

Errico Tropiano
[email protected]
www.aquatronicastore.com
514-929-9099

Rogger Castells
11/18/2015, 01:31 PM
are the power bars still the same, can the new touch display just be added, also where is the wi-fi adapter you mentioned as an extra in the homepage?

RobbyG
11/20/2015, 08:26 PM
are the power bars still the same, can the new touch display just be added, also where is the wi-fi adapter you mentioned as an extra in the homepage?

Yes the powerbars are the same. The Touch controller is just a drop in replacement for the rest of your system and then the ACQ-140 just needs to be programmed.

You can get a WiFi adapter at any computer store or on Amazon for less than $20.

These WiFi dongles are semi reliable by nature. Mine has stayed up for a month at a time but it has also gone down twice and I needed to unplug it for 5 seconds and plug it back in. Look on the reviews of WiFi dongles on Amazon and you will see numerous people talking about random disconnections.

I highly suggest you use a wired Ethernet connection if you want a bullet proof setup. If not you can try this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088TKTY2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Thats what I got and it seems to be the most reliable of the bunch. BTW forget Win8 or Win10 compatibility comments. All you need to know is that it is compatible with the Touch controller and this one is. Once installed it will connect with any device, from a phone or tablet to Win10

Also if your looking at other model remember that not all dongles work with the Touch so look at the ACQ-140 manual for compatible models.

Volcano1
11/25/2015, 10:57 AM
Id nix the wi-fi if you can.I've had mine running a few months and it has been very spotty. I went to LAN, and much better.