PDA

View Full Version : cant fink fish

JMorris271
11/18/2015, 02:33 PM
All of the resources I have checked to order from don't have most I want. I can find 1 out of 10 fish I want to order. Zoo is the only place but I don't know much about them as of now. Is it normal for stores not to have ready stock?

chimmike
11/18/2015, 02:38 PM
bluezoo is the only one who has what you're looking for?

JMorris271
11/18/2015, 04:15 PM
bluezoo is the only one who has what you're looking for?
Others are out of stock. I know they can get it but it's not a sure betyou'll get what you want.

heathlindner25
11/18/2015, 05:48 PM
Lfs ?

billdogg
11/18/2015, 06:26 PM
just what is on your list that is so hard to find?

reefbroao
11/18/2015, 06:49 PM
My LFS will usually order what you want for you, they have the resources. Id give that a try.

jrr98002
11/18/2015, 08:24 PM
+1 on LFS. They want your money so if you're interested in something, they'll get it for you. Of course it'll probably be a bit more expensive than online as they have to make their profit.

JMorris271
11/18/2015, 10:08 PM
Ljust what is on your list that is so hard to find?

Ok I suppose I am just not acquainted with how things are in the business of ordering fish.All I am saying is all dealers except BZ said they could not fill my order today nor could they tell me when it could be filled but they would email me when or if they could.. I want to order occ clown,one spot rabbit,cardinals,tang, a red tail whatever. My list is not too unusual I think. I get how it works now but it is just a surprise to me. I wouldn't think anything on my list is hard to find but I do know this. Every LFS I checked out has sick Foote dead fish in the tank. That's why I was looking online in the first place.

reefbroao
11/19/2015, 03:25 AM
Well even great stores will have some die off. Mine is really thorough and care a ton but when you order 30 fish twice a week they're not always gonna survive the journey from hundreds of miles away. Different fish handle stress differently. Also it's a little nicer when they have had the fish in store for a bit. I've been looking for clowns and my lfs will normally tell me what batch of fish they've had most success with, because that $60+ you spend could end with a dead fish. Even some captive bred are a little weaker. ORA is a good company but they are housed in very controlled environments and I've seen them get into a new tank which they do awful in because they haven't been exposed to much. Just my opinion but sometimes it's just better to ask and see what they'll be purchasing before hand for themselves.

CStrickland
11/19/2015, 09:04 AM
10 fish is a lot to take on at once
Do you have a ginormous qt?

reefbroao
11/19/2015, 09:24 AM
I'd hope that wouldn't be all at once. It would be like the thunder dome in there.

fredfish13
11/19/2015, 09:27 AM
i would buy a few at a time that would fit in your qt tank. get the less aggressive ones first.

JMorris271
11/19/2015, 10:33 PM
10 fish is a lot to take on at once
Do you have a ginormous qt?
I have 4 QT tanks. Fish will be introduced into the tank in pairs about a week apart after ttm and a min. 6 weeks QT. It is difficult to get deliveries by Fed Ex where I am. It's nice that some people have access to good LFS but not everyone does.