PDA

View Full Version : Led lighting

Robbbadd
11/18/2015, 08:58 PM
Hi, I'm new again to the hobby after 15 years, and I have a question on led lighting. I have a 10 gallon cube, and I intend to fill it with mostly dish rooms and zoas to get my feet wet again, maybe some sps or lps in the near future. My question is on the lighting, if I have too much, not enough, led is new to me.

I have a current Trulumen pro strip which puts out 9.1 volts and 12000k blue and white

I also have a deep blue solar flare which puts out 5x3 watt led with 2 of the bulbs putting out 6500k day light, 2 15000k day lamp, and 1 460 nm blue lamp..

Should I be running one of these? Both of these? Or something completely different?

Bogue Chitto
11/19/2015, 12:11 PM
Mushrooms don't need strong light, so put them on the bottom. Zoas may need stronger light. I'm not familiar with the lights you are talking about but I know someone else on here must be.

Shewillbemine
11/19/2015, 12:52 PM
If you're considering SPS and LPS at all, you'll want to start with good lighting from the beginning. If budget is a concern, look around Craigslist and your local regional forum on this site for bargains. Currently, T5 and LEDs are the most popular choices (metal halide possible but they get really hot and consume tons of electricity).