PDA

View Full Version : 2.5g dwarf seahorse? What to do?

nawilson89
11/20/2015, 11:14 AM
As my 20g tank is now cycled and i'm waiting for it to come into its own with my macro algaes, I've decided to pull out my 2.5g tank and start a cycle for it.

I really wanted to try dwarf seahorses and work on that whilst getting ready for my 29g build (MTS is strong with me).

So pretty much I've decided on what I want to do with this tank and what i want to put in it; I've decided on my lighting, temperature is not a problem, the only thing that has stumped me is...

water movement?

The tank would need some sort of water movement or aeration for gas exchange (i know sea horses don't appreciate high water movement. I have spare air pumps lying around, but then what?

So seahorse adepts and experts, please advise me. What would I use to keep my little guys and gals?

rayjay
11/20/2015, 11:43 AM
I used only open ended air lines in my dwarf tanks. Some people use air powered sponge filters.

nawilson89
11/20/2015, 11:51 AM
I used only open ended air lines in my dwarf tanks. Some people use air powered sponge filters.

I was thinking of using an air powered sponge, or something like a bubble wand.

Jeff4777
11/20/2015, 01:09 PM
A sponge filter would be good, their safe for small critters.

nawilson89
11/20/2015, 01:19 PM
A sponge filter would be good, their safe for small critters.

When I go to my LFS today I'll search for a small enough sponge filter for the tank. For until then I'd probably go with an old diffuser that i had for a Co2 setup for my old freshwater tanks.

PfenWendt
11/23/2015, 12:28 PM
In my DSH tank i'm using a stock filter that came with this CurrentUSA desktop 5 gallon tank. It creates enough movement but not too much. My thread i started about dwarf seahorses has a lot of information in it from RayJay, I'd recommend reading that a bit if your bored, and trust what rayjay has to say....He knows what he's doing :P

nawilson89
11/23/2015, 12:29 PM
In my DSH tank i'm using a stock filter that came with this CurrentUSA desktop 5 gallon tank. It creates enough movement but not too much. My thread i started about dwarf seahorses has a lot of information in it from RayJay, I'd recommend reading that a bit if your bored, and trust what rayjay has to say....He knows what he's doing [emoji14]
I'll check it out now! Thanks