PDA

View Full Version : Radion keeps setting to wrong time - help!

emk35
11/21/2015, 06:59 PM
I am trying to get my Radions setup using ecosmart live. I go through everything and it seems to be ok, but then it keeps thinking it is a completely different time. Right now my ecosmart live clock says it is 4:32am when really it is 7:57pm. I have tried to custom set it, it keeps going back. I can even get it to temporarily change to the correct time but when I program my lights it goes back. I have factory reset my radions twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the connection manager. I have tried different programs. No matter what I do it eventually reverts back to a completely wrong time. Has anyone had this happen? Anyone have a fix or something I am missing? I'm excited to get these set up and its getting frustrating!

BrickFishHouse
11/21/2015, 07:32 PM
Check the clock on the computer you are using eco smart live with. That could be the culprit.

Other than that, call EcoTech. Their tech support is one of the best ones I have worked with.

Hope this helps!

emk35
11/21/2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks. Computer clock is right. And my time zone on ecosmart is setup correctly too. I have no idea why this keeps happening! I can sometimes get it to show the correct time on ecosmart live site, but then it switches back to the incorrect time at some point.

ug.mac
11/22/2015, 05:00 AM
I had this issue when I was using IE in Windows 10 under Parallels in 10.11.2. Installed Connection manager for OSX and issue correct itself as soon as I sign in to ESL with Safari 9.

emk35
11/22/2015, 09:19 AM
Hmm. I was on a MacBook so also using safari. I actually tried doing it through google chrome too. I had thought about trying to do it on my pc but its a work laptop and so not always here at home. I wanted to manage it through my personal laptop but I can't seem to get it working properly.

ug.mac
11/22/2015, 03:20 PM
Hmm. I was on a MacBook so also using safari. I actually tried doing it through google chrome too. I had thought about trying to do it on my pc but its a work laptop and so not always here at home. I wanted to manage it through my personal laptop but I can't seem to get it working properly.

Are you using Reeflink?

emk35
11/22/2015, 03:24 PM
No, I don't have reeflink so this is using the USB.

ug.mac
11/22/2015, 05:38 PM
I would try change between automatic and manual time for your OSX time preference and opt out from location based time zone. Make sure you QUIT connection manager and Safari while making these changes.

You can also save these JavaScript in a HTML file and open in Safari to compare. If time is correct then issue would be your Radion.

var d = new Date()
document.write(d)