PDA

View Full Version : Auqa gadget ghost skimmer any good ?

micromax
11/21/2015, 09:55 PM
Hello and thanks in advance for your tips hints and comments I'm hoping to get :lmao: I am ordering a mid sized ghost skimmer for my 30 nano Inovative marine tank to replace the older tube type auqa gadget skimmer as they are such an eye sore in my opinion Any experience or hints or tips would be welcomed ty

d2mini
11/23/2015, 07:11 AM
I have the desktop (smallest) size in my 25 lagoon. Have only had it a few weeks.
The first week or so it will spill tons of micro bubbles into the tank but that will cease at it breaks in. Just give it time. I'm getting some nice tea colored skim out of it so it is working.
It's the only skimmer i've had on small tank like this so I really can't compare to others.
All I can really tell you is that it is skimming so that's a good thing. :)
My only beef with it is that it uses an o-ring on the cup to adjust the cup height. It's so easy to move this ring that it makes it kinda hard to keep a consistent height/consistent skimming. I wish it had a type of adjustment that would more lock in place. Instead you just kind of have to visually remember where the o-ring works best.

schulace123
11/24/2015, 11:41 AM
I just got one about a month and a half ago. Recently hooked it up on my fusion 10 that is in its last week or so of cycling. With no live stock I am getting a dark watery skimate, which I am pretty impressed with. A bit louder then I would like but overall I am really happy with it. I am curious to see how it will respond when I add livestock.

micromax
11/25/2015, 11:30 PM
Thanks both of you for the input. I just won one on eBay for 70 shipped. It was put in a tank but didn't fit so it's basically new. It's the mid sized for my Inovative marine 30 cube . I hope it's better then the original auqa gadget skimmer I'm using right now as it's so ugly in the back. I'll post a pick when I get it in Thanks again

MatnNatsReef
11/25/2015, 11:38 PM
I have the old style on an IM16 and the new style on an IM40. Quite honestly beyond looks I find the performance the same. Setup was easier on the Ghost.