PDA

View Full Version : So I just ordered the RKL+ w net

C.Eymann
11/22/2015, 03:48 PM
I know the AC apex is more advanced, I have experience with ac3 and ac3pro, both were overly complicated and an AC3 pro once almost crashed a system I was maintaining for someone because it decided it needed a firmware update and **** everything down
I'm pretty computer/IT illiterate, and the RKL seemed more simple. Also, BRS door buster price was too good to pass up. My question is, am I really going to regret not going with the apex? mainly just using it to prevent disasters when I'm at work, on dive trips or just away from home.

big thing is getting an email if something is going wrong, however I have heard alot of bad about their net module, people in youtube videos say it just plain doesn't work, however most those were from 2013 or so, anyone wanna chime in ? tips? things to watch out for?
I don't plan on running my return, vortechs/tunzes or my skimmer on it, just calcium reactor, temp/ fan / heat control and ORP monitoring in case mass rtn/something dies.

Mark9
11/22/2015, 04:34 PM
I have the elite with net, no problems. Hit me up if you need some help.

n2585722
11/22/2015, 08:08 PM
I had an Elite with NET but now have the Archon. When you are ready for more that the 4 modules that the RKL is limited too you can always get an RKE or Archon. All the RKL modules can be used on the RKE. All but the NET module can be used on the Archon. The NET is not needed with it as networking is built into that controller. When you get it there will be a bit of a learning curve. Just don't try to do everything at once. Start with something like your heater then once you have that going then go on to the next thing you want to control with it. Just ask here or on the Digital Aquactics forum if you need help with something.

TheReeferer
11/23/2015, 06:57 PM
I got the RKE about 2 weeks ago. Been running well. There was one odd instance where everything was errors and had to reboot.

It's a great system for those who find it silly to spend 500 for a controller.