PDA

View Full Version : Jebao dosing pumps

afluentturtle
11/25/2015, 01:14 PM
Greetings All

Anyone have any experience with the Jebao dosing pumps? Thinking of picking one up over black friday and was wanting to get any positive or negatives from the community.

My corals are at a point where kalk alone can provide keep up with calcium and alk replenishment.

I know the powerheads dont have the best reputation so just trying to decide between saving $120 bucks and spending the money on frags or just getting a more expensive but better reviewed pump.

Appreciate the input.

oldbones
11/25/2015, 01:18 PM
Only had mine for a few months, but it's been perfect in that time. I find it easy to set up and program, and making changes is easy when needed. I'm a fan.

scumbag_gli
11/25/2015, 01:28 PM
They're absolute garbage. Type in "Jedao dosing pump fail" in Google and read away. Also check the Amazon reviews. I've seen 100+ saying how people had a full gallon of "whatever they were dosing" dump and kill their tank. Save your money.

nuttyd
11/25/2015, 01:29 PM
recent post about them. four months old and got stuck on killing everything. might want to reconsider. I know im looking for a better one.

ReefTankHunter
11/25/2015, 08:41 PM
Mine is 1yr old, only set it one time.Its worked with out any issues. Checked dosage, right what i set it at.Power has been out several times.No problem. There are many in are club who use them with no problems.

nemodan
11/25/2015, 10:34 PM
If you buy the Jebao see here how to solve the problems:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24148251&postcount=245

ReefTankHunter
11/26/2015, 07:00 AM
If you buy the Jebao see here how to solve the problems:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24148251&postcount=245

These instructions are for idiots who don't know how to set equipment up correctly.

nemodan
11/26/2015, 07:18 AM
These instructions are for idiots who don't know how to set equipment up correctly.

??????????????????

plyle02
11/26/2015, 08:11 AM
+1
a tad harsh IMO.

joshky
11/26/2015, 10:32 AM

Yeah, let's get upset at people who're saying a product can fail so we feel more secure about owning our own. Defending a Chinese product such as Jebao is perfectly OK, people love their cheap products!

and then one day you will find out why it's cheap. Carry on my lover.

ReefTankHunter
11/26/2015, 10:59 AM
Yeah, let's get upset at people who're saying a product can fail so we feel more secure about owning our own. Defending a Chinese product such as Jebao is perfectly OK, people love their cheap products!

Not defending anything,referring to the reply to fix the problem was retarded, childish.

and then one day you will find out why it's cheap. Carry on my lover.

nemodan
11/26/2015, 12:09 PM
Not defending anything,referring to the reply to fix the problem was retarded, childish.

It was sense of humor, to have FUN !!!! .

You can take it or not . You can like it or dislike it. You can express what you think openly. But please, do it in a better way, not offending with such wording.

I am sorry if the link affected you in that way. It wasn't my intention and due to that I will express my public apologies.

That's all...........an enjoy the thanksgiving day !!!

Cheers
Daniel
Ps: we only have one life........

joshky
11/26/2015, 12:10 PM

So do the animals we own. :love2:

ReefTankHunter
11/26/2015, 12:56 PM
It was sense of humor, to have FUN !!!! .

You can take it or not . You can like it or dislike it. You can express what you think openly. But please, do it in a better way, not offending with such wording.

I am sorry if the link affected you in that way. It wasn't my intention and due to that I will express my public apologies.

That's all...........an enjoy the thanksgiving day !!!

Cheers
Daniel

No problem here, We are all good.Enjoy reefing.

scrapz
11/26/2015, 01:26 PM
I ran the original jebao doser for years without issue and so many others that I know. Seems the problem is their new line of dosers.

Oh yeah, i made my alk and ca in 5 gallon batches. So yeah, it was left for over a year before i ever touched it.