PDA

View Full Version : Diy led dimming with apex (or any 0-10v source)

dburt520
11/26/2015, 07:36 PM
I know the limitation of lights per "string" fall back to the driver, but how many strings can be dimmed per channel?

Let's say I want 48 royal blue leds for example, I will need 4 LDD drivers, but can all 4 drivers/led strings be dimmed via a single variable port on the apex?

O2Surplus
11/27/2015, 01:18 PM
I know the limitation of lights per "string" fall back to the driver, but how many strings can be dimmed per channel?

Let's say I want 48 royal blue leds for example, I will need 4 LDD drivers, but can all 4 drivers/led strings be dimmed via a single variable port on the apex?

Yes. You could control dozens of LDD-H from one channel, provided you've converted the 0 -10V signal from the APEX to an LDD-H friendly 5V PWM signal first.

dburt520
11/27/2015, 01:59 PM
I have been researching that and it seems you are the man to go to for that.

How does one go about purchasing those units?

Poseidon
11/27/2015, 07:56 PM
I have one of O2's convertors on my system, works PERFECT with the Apex. Plus... his unit plugs in with a regular Cat5 connector on both ends. :D

dburt520
11/27/2015, 08:08 PM
Does it alot the PWM drivers to dim down to 0% instead of the normal 10% you get with 0-10v?

O2Surplus
11/27/2015, 11:07 PM
I have one of O2's convertors on my system, works PERFECT with the Apex. Plus... his unit plugs in with a regular Cat5 connector on both ends. :D

LOL- If I remember correctly Poseidon's got two of them. Maybe he'd be interested in selling his spare? I don't have any available right now, just sold the last one earlier today.:facepalm:

Poseidon
11/28/2015, 07:53 AM
Does it alot the PWM drivers to dim down to 0% instead of the normal 10% you get with 0-10v?

Yes, it sure does!

LOL- If I remember correctly Poseidon's got two of them. Maybe he'd be interested in selling his spare? I don't have any available right now, just sold the last one earlier today.:facepalm:

LOL! Yes, I did have 2, gave one to a friend. We are going to try and use it on a "black box" LED to see if we can DIY Apex control on it. :D