PDA

View Full Version : Eglin AFB

saltyeddie
11/26/2015, 09:38 PM
Hello, I'm an A1C at Kessler AFB for tech school and I'm going to Eglin Feb 2016. I was wanting to know if there are any good LFS to buy from and that are knowledgeable. Thanks

LowHangingFruit
11/27/2015, 06:10 AM
A quick Google search should bring up something to help ya out. Welcome to the AF...what's your AFSC?

saltyeddie
11/27/2015, 02:49 PM
Pmel

saltyeddie
11/27/2015, 02:49 PM
What's yours? I'm assuming your in the AF or were

LowHangingFruit
11/27/2015, 04:40 PM
saltyeddie
11/27/2015, 05:07 PM
I had to look it up, I wasn't for sure what that was. I apologize, I'm extremely new to the AF so I don't know all the acronyms along with the AFSC's.

saltyeddie
11/27/2015, 05:07 PM
Yet

LowHangingFruit
11/27/2015, 09:49 PM
Yeah sorry...Aerospace Ground Equipment.

hotelbravo
11/29/2015, 11:42 PM
i am stationed at keesler currently but i am from the eglin area. honestly the most knowledgeable staff ive seen is the fish department at petland in pensacola. there fish manager there is very passionate about this hobby and knows a great deal. but there are some other good ones in that area.
i myself am ATC went through tech school at keesler in 2013 then got stationed as permanent party right down the street :headwally:

Tokyolow81
11/30/2015, 03:03 PM
i am stationed at keesler currently but i am from the eglin area. honestly the most knowledgeable staff ive seen is the fish department at petland in pensacola. there fish manager there is very passionate about this hobby and knows a great deal. but there are some other good ones in that area.
i myself am ATC went through tech school at keesler in 2013 then got stationed as permanent party right down the street :headwally:

But, you get to eat at The Shed; there's your silver lining. Man, that was some of the best bbq ever. It's probably the only thing I miss about that place. I retrained into Ground Radio Mx from CE Power Pro back in 2007, right after Katrina.

saltyeddie
11/30/2015, 07:02 PM
Thanks I'll look into that place when I get to eglin. I know a few people that just finished ATC tech school that I went to bmt with. Idk where they are going because they were in a different squadron.

lhm nole
12/01/2015, 12:27 AM
Matts coral connection Elite aquatics and petland all in fwb and also blue zoo aquatics but there are limited saltwater wise.. Panama city gulf coast aquariums.. Pcola waterworld petland and reefscapes..

saltyeddie
12/01/2015, 07:40 PM
Matts coral connection Elite aquatics and petland all in fwb and also blue zoo aquatics but there are limited saltwater wise.. Panama city gulf coast aquariums.. Pcola waterworld petland and reefscapes..
Thanks

lucky_snapper
01/16/2016, 09:16 PM
Hello, I'm an A1C at Kessler AFB for tech school and I'm going to Eglin Feb 2016. I was wanting to know if there are any good LFS to buy from and that are knowledgeable. Thanks

Congratulations on your assignment to Eglin AFB. Way back in 97 when I was a young Airmen Eglin was my first base. I loved the area so much that I spent 18 years there and only recently left for a civil service position. I am hoping to make GS-12 and then find my way back. It is really a great area with tons of things to do. If you enjoy fishing Destin is one of the best places on the Gulf Coast. If you enjoy seafood then you will be in heaven. Check out Landsharks pizza in Destin it is run by a friend of mine and it a great pizza and wings place. As others have mentioned there are many local fish stores to support your habit and you can find almost anything you need on Craigslist. There is also a local reef club that can be great from frags or equipment. http://www.panhandlereefers.com/forums/ is the site.

CODE3EMT
01/17/2016, 11:44 PM
Off subject but, Is Eglin the home of the F-22 RAPTORS? I know most of the USAF F-15C Eagles have been retired right.

hotelbravo
01/27/2016, 02:38 AM
last i checked the RAPTORs were out of Edwards AFB and i see EAGLES still popping up on the radar weekly so i know they still fly

moatdaddy
01/28/2016, 11:15 PM
33 year old disabled veteran down the road in panama city beach. Welcome to the panhandle. Nice place, you airforce guys get great station locations. Ever need help or want to swap corals later just shoot a pm

GypsznThvz
01/30/2016, 10:02 PM
My list from living in FWB
1) Matt's Coral connection for softies and lps
2) NW Elite Aquatics for designer coral
3) Bluewater zoo for fair priced coral and special order fish
4) Petsmart in FWB but watch for critters and fish diseases

dabob79
03/03/2016, 12:43 PM
God I miss Florida! And Tyndall has F-22's too!

lobstergrabber
03/03/2016, 04:23 PM
Matt's and elite are two best for salt in fwb. I agree with above post check out local reef club.