PDA

View Full Version : Auto water changes and dosing

reefervanwinkle
12/05/2015, 03:13 PM
Hey all,

I got a great deal on a 2nd dos and want to use it for auto water changes. This tank is an anthias only tank, so bio load is a bit high with these fish and their multiple feedings. I wasn't planning on too many corals, but deals came along and I couldn't pass them up. Ended up with some mini colonies and a bunch of frags. I was originally using kalk in my ato, but I am in the process of testing for a 2 part regimen.

I know that I test the consumption between waterchanges etc for the 2 part, but how will dosing work if I'm doing 25% (or more) water changes broken up in smaller changes throughout the day with the dos?

Thanks so much, really looking forward to getting this on the go!

shifty51008
12/05/2015, 04:01 PM
If i were you i would get your water change setup going then sence you will be doing that daily all the time just check your cal,alk, and mag levels daily and adjust as needed.

Btw why change 25% of your water daily? I understand the constant feeding anthisis need but you should be able to get by with 10-20% weekly.

reefervanwinkle
12/05/2015, 04:09 PM
If i were you i would get your water change setup going then sence you will be doing that daily all the time just check your cal,alk, and mag levels daily and adjust as needed.

Btw why change 25% of your water daily? I understand the constant feeding anthisis need but you should be able to get by with 10-20% weekly.

Sorry I meant 25% weekly, broken up into smaller changes throughout the day with the dos....I originally wanted an oversized skimmer but couldn't get one to fit the chamber so the waterchanges will help with that.

bertoni
12/06/2015, 05:17 PM
The water changes should be fine with the dosing, assuming the water for changes matches the tank levels reasonably well. I wouldn't worry, personally.