PDA

View Full Version : Official Royal Exclusiv Dream Box Owners Thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

Shredded
04/25/2017, 12:00 PM
Thanks Scott! Yea, I don't think it is welded from underneath. I went back thru all my construction pictures and the box is assembled before those are installed so there wouldn't be access to the bottom. I was able to get the union that they use from you all so it is exactly the same as the others on the box. They are slightly modified and I had to do the same to mine. I used a forstner bit to do the cutting so the hole is perfect and I cut it 1/16 of an inch small so that I could lightly sand the coupling for a perfect fit. I can't believe that in a week, I will be setting my brand new, year old RE sump under the stand. But then the fun starts.

mike810
04/26/2017, 12:47 AM
@Mike810 Beautiful box. I probably missed details but what size is it and what are your return pumps?

It's an 8D and I'll be using the RD3 150W return pump.

mike810
04/27/2017, 01:15 AM
Thank you for sharing that info!! Marco and I were just talking about this yesterday! I asked him to get a measurement of the sock openings in a Dreambox we have at the Ft.Myers facility as I had a sneaky suspicion the 4" ones would work! I was measuring one of my 4" socks from another one of my systems and the inside diameter of the ring on the sock seemed to match up with the Dreambox metric sock size spec. The outside diameter of the ring in theory would sit nicely on the sock tray which had me thinking that depending on the way Germany measured the socks, the 4" ones would likely work fine. You saved him from having to take a measurement.

I have tried several different brands of 4" socks now and none of them fit. I think we need to find them in metric size in order for them to fit our dream boxes. I am still on the hunt for felt socks. I don't even want to run water thru the box until I can get my hands on felt socks. I can't imagine the nylon mesh socks catching anything other then food .

I was sockless in my previous tanks and the crud and sediment that would build up in the sump was ridiculous. I want this sump to stay squeaky clean.

slief
04/27/2017, 11:13 AM
I have tried several different brands of 4" socks now and none of them fit. I think we need to find them in metric size in order for them to fit our dream boxes. I am still on the hunt for felt socks. I don't even want to run water thru the box until I can get my hands on felt socks. I can't imagine the nylon mesh socks catching anything other then food .

I was sockless in my previous tanks and the crud and sediment that would build up in the sump was ridiculous. I want this sump to stay squeaky clean.

Yea, we did realize here in the US that they need to be metric. The dreambox is unique in that it uses multiple rows of socks and will stop post particles even with the mesh socks. If you were in a pinch and really concerned you could cut a 4" felt sock and drop it into the mesh ones or even some filter floss in there. We will be getting felt socks in the US. They are waiting on samples in Germany and like you, I much prefer felt socks over mesh ones. IN Europe, it seems everybody prefers mesh. My guess is when we get our next major shipment, we will have a mess of felt socks in there. It's likely 90 days out though before we have them here.

mike810
04/27/2017, 11:32 PM
I just placed an order for some felt socks in Asia, I am thinking these will fit. None of the socks here in the states fit the dream box.

slief
04/28/2017, 08:01 AM
I just placed an order for some felt socks in Asia, I am thinking these will fit. None of the socks here in the states fit the dream box.

Please let me know if they work! Are they food grade? Would love to have a 2nd source if they work out.

mike810
04/30/2017, 09:58 PM
Please let me know if they work! Are they food grade? Would love to have a 2nd source if they work out.

It says made for aquarium use to I figure they're safe. I will update when I get them in.

ReefKeeper64
05/02/2017, 09:01 PM
A few more.

Mike, That's a great looking setup. Is that a 125x49x35 or another size?

ReefKeeper64
05/02/2017, 09:02 PM
Strike that. I see you told shredded it is an 8D. I will look that up!

mike810
05/02/2017, 11:34 PM
Mike, That's a great looking setup. Is that a 125x49x35 or another size?

Thanks bud. It is an 8D and it is a thing of beauty. My tank should be here in a couple of weeks so I'll post another round of pics when it's installed. Can't wait to put this dream box to work.

ReefKeeper64
05/04/2017, 06:49 PM
Thanks bud. It is an 8D and it is a thing of beauty. My tank should be here in a couple of weeks so I'll post another round of pics when it's installed. Can't wait to put this dream box to work.

Looking forward to seeing your complete build!
:beer:

ReefKeeper64
05/04/2017, 07:15 PM
Here is my Dream Box under my new tank build. Should have water running through it by the end of the weekend. Rock goes in today after a quick tank leak test. Will be starting a build thread as time permits. Ignore the blue tape still on the stand. I haven't taken off the protective tape yet. JP

Nice setup. Do you have a build thread started yet?

mike810
05/06/2017, 01:54 PM
Do you guys know what size airline tubing I can use for the deluxe 250 skimmer if I wanted to run a line outside for fresh air?

slief
05/06/2017, 04:36 PM
Do you guys know what size airline tubing I can use for the deluxe 250 skimmer if I wanted to run a line outside for fresh air?

If you are going to do that, I would suggest running 1/2" PVC to the outside and have it end just about the skimmer. Then use some larger diameter silicone hose to connect between the nipple on the silencer and a fitting on the PVC. If you use tubing, you are going to restrict the airflow. The line needs to be sufficiently large enough to not restrict the airflow at all. I ran 1/2" RODI style tubing to the outside on my setup and frankly, I didn't see enough of a pH improvement to warrant the effort and ended up disconnecting an unsightly hose to an otherwise beautiful skimmer. That said, you likely won't need to resort to that. pH is something I think people worry about far to often and it's VERY rare that anybody with decent alkalinity numbers has pH that is low enough to even worry about. I wouldn't bat an eye of a pH of 7.8 even...

mike810
05/06/2017, 07:08 PM
Thanks Scott, I'm not really worried about PH as my tanks has usually been around 7.8 or higher. I only asked because I will be running some lines outside to my rodi and sw containers so figure I may try running the skimmer outside also. I'll probably just hold off and see what my ph is like when the tank is setup. The weather is great here in HB so the windows stay open pretty much everyday.

mike810
05/07/2017, 11:28 PM
Awesome score buddy. The box looks great! I have the LED feature in my box, ato and dosing containers and I must say, they are sharp. It just adds to the beauty of the already gorgeous dream box.

ReefKeeper64
05/08/2017, 10:54 AM
Awesome score buddy. The box looks great! I have the LED feature in my box, ato and dosing containers and I must say, they are sharp. It just adds to the beauty of the already gorgeous dream box.

Thanks Mike. I found your 240 build but that is a couple of years old. Do you have a new build underway or are you just upgrading your sump and other gear? It would be great to see what you've done so if you have a build thread going, please let me know.

Thanks

ReefKeeper64
05/08/2017, 10:59 AM
Looking for pics of how other Dreambox owners have done their plumbing. The 100x50 uses metric PVC for the drain receivers so I need standard to imperial reducers of some type. Not wanting to use silicone tubing. Just curious what others have done so if you have pics or links, please let me know. Thanks

slief
05/08/2017, 01:56 PM
Looking for pics of how other Dreambox owners have done their plumbing. The 100x50 uses metric PVC for the drain receivers so I need standard to imperial reducers of some type. Not wanting to use silicone tubing. Just curious what others have done so if you have pics or links, please let me know. Thanks

Here is the link to the metric adapters at flexpvc. Remember, you need Metric DIN and not JIS.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters

ReefKeeper64
05/08/2017, 02:36 PM
Here is the link to the metric adapters at flexpvc. Remember, you need Metric DIN and not JIS.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters

DIN it will be. Thanks for the link and details Scott, I appreciate it!

ReefKeeper64
05/08/2017, 03:00 PM
This skimmer is built like a beast and everything about it is heavy duty. The DC motor is controllable of course. For ease of maintenance, the outer cone unscrews and inner cone is removable.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OlUMg3NiA0Q

mike810
05/10/2017, 02:47 AM
Thanks Mike. I found your 240 build but that is a couple of years old. Do you have a new build underway or are you just upgrading your sump and other gear? It would be great to see what you've done so if you have a build thread going, please let me know.

Thanks

I sold that house along with the 240G. I was planning to get out so I didn't bother to bring it with me. I did however take all the good equipment and left what necessary life support for the tank behind. I also left all the fish behind as a show piece for the next potential owners. The house sold in a month so I like to believe the tank helped.

That was last July, came December, got the inch and ordered a new tank. Waiting on my 360G to be delivered any day now. Not sure if I will start a thread, I have a pretty busy schedule as is with two kids. I might start one though when the tank gets here, idk yet.

ReefKeeper64
05/10/2017, 04:44 PM
I sold that house along with the 240G. I was planning to get out so I didn't bother to bring it with me. I did however take all the good equipment and left what necessary life support for the tank behind. I also left all the fish behind as a show piece for the next potential owners. The house sold in a month so I like to believe the tank helped.

That was last July, came December, got the inch and ordered a new tank. Waiting on my 360G to be delivered any day now. Not sure if I will start a thread, I have a pretty busy schedule as is with two kids. I might start one though when the tank gets here, idk yet.

Funny, I went through the same situation myself just 3 years ago. We bought a new home out of the blue. With kids switching schools, the move, and selling the old place, I found that setting up my tank at the new place wasn't a top priority. I kept the tank and sold off most everything else. So now I'm back to a new 'even better than before' build. Your 360 will be top shelf, I'm sure.

Shredded
05/15/2017, 08:09 PM
So get this... I have owned my dreambox for a little over a year. Actually getting ready to finally install it this coming weekend and I receive in the mail from the Oklahoma Tax Commission a bill for state tax and "use" tax for the importation of my Royal Exclusiv sump. Over 400.00. I don't know about any other states but Oklahoma has just gotten stupid about raping its citizens for anything that can get. They made a deal with Amazon to get Amazon to charge sales tax to Oklahoma customers and any other company selling on the internet must send a document to anyone buying out of state informing them that they may owe taxes to the state of Oklahoma. Just my opinion.

ClownsRCoo
05/15/2017, 08:37 PM
Wow that's ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike810
05/16/2017, 12:52 AM
Crazy to receive a bill a year later...

ReefKeeper64
05/16/2017, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. As I read it, this new "Use" tax enforcement bill applies to everything purchased from an online retailer who isn't located inside the Oklahoma state line.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.newsok.com/article/5484813/amp

slief
05/16/2017, 07:55 AM
So get this... I have owned my dreambox for a little over a year. Actually getting ready to finally install it this coming weekend and I receive in the mail from the Oklahoma Tax Commission a bill for state tax and "use" tax for the importation of my Royal Exclusiv sump. Over 400.00. I don't know about any other states but Oklahoma has just gotten stupid about raping its citizens for anything that can get. They made a deal with Amazon to get Amazon to charge sales tax to Oklahoma customers and any other company selling on the internet must send a document to anyone buying out of state informing them that they may owe taxes to the state of Oklahoma. Just my opinion.

What the heck??? A year later? That is insane!! I'd contact the tax board and try to dispute that.. Granted, it sounds like a state issue which may be an uphill battle but it's worth a shot.

ReefKeeper64
05/16/2017, 12:39 PM
I'm converting the 40mm return drain to fit standard PVC pipe. I ordered the only 40mm DIN to standard union adapter that I could find listed at flexpvc but that didn't work. The union was too large and didn't have the clearance needed. I have since returned it. Now I've ordered a 40MM TO 1 1/4" METRIC TO STANDARD PVC ADAPTER from bulkreefsupply.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric-to-standard-pvc-adapters.html

slief
05/16/2017, 03:26 PM
:hmm2:I'm converting the 40mm return drain to fit standard PVC pipe. I ordered the only 40mm DIN to standard union adapter that I could find listed at flexpvc but that didn't work. The union was too large and didn't have the clearance needed. I have since returned it. Now I've ordered a 40MM TO 1 1/4" METRIC TO STANDARD PVC ADAPTER from bulkreefsupply.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/metric-to-standard-pvc-adapters.html

I am pretty sure those adapters are metric JIS and not DIN. Flex PVC should have some standard DIN metric adapters that would work if those ones from Flex PVC don't fit the pipe diameter.

ReefKeeper64
05/16/2017, 04:34 PM
:hmm2:

I am pretty sure those adapters are metric JIS and not DIN. Flex PVC should have some standard DIN metric adapters that would work if those ones from Flex PVC don't fit the pipe diameter.

Scott, I called flexpvc and they don't carry a 40mm slip/slip adapter but they do have a 40mm slip/thread adapter, which will definitely work. Thanks for your help once again!

For anyone else in the US that needs these parts for a standard (not custom built) 100x50 Dreambox:

40mm DIN Adapter slip/thread
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=721914209&xm=on&ppinc=detail

25mm DIN Adapter slip/slip
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p=PVC-Fittings-Metric-Adapters&p_id=417-6127&xm=on&ppinc=detail

ReefKeeper64
05/16/2017, 09:24 PM
----------

Chris_S
05/16/2017, 09:26 PM
Joining thread.

mike810
05/18/2017, 07:57 PM
Hey Marco or Scott. Is there anyway to exten the 0-10v cable for the 230w rd3? I'm short about two feet.

slief
05/18/2017, 08:04 PM
Hey Marco or Scott. Is there anyway to exten the 0-10v cable for the 230w rd3? I'm short about two feet.

if you are using an Apex, just get an RJ45 extension. Something like this should work.
https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Ethernet-Extender-Extension-Adapter/dp/B01M0RB4DP/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1495159350&sr=8-24&keywords=cat+5+extension+cable

mike810
05/18/2017, 09:37 PM
Perfect, thanks Scott.

Koestby86
06/05/2017, 04:06 AM
I thought I had posted pictures of my setup here but I hadn't so here goes, a bunch of you have probably seen it already. But it never hurts [emoji12].
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/c5e2a3f30fb9da98b895273506a9c9b0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/229bea85c1ae43bfdde6caf245d7942e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/4a05bb3b804f8f0b186a90c273bb6cc2.jpg

The lights are actually swapped out for a Pacific Sun Hybrid.

Shredded
06/06/2017, 08:11 AM
So just an update on mine. I am still working on the install. I have the main drain installed at this time so this video is not totally current. Any one know of any dry fit techniques where the pipe can be seated fully and then separated without sanding them down to the point where you have lost a tight fit? Amazing at how i thought i had so much room and it has gotten so tight!

https://youtu.be/xa7hYQI6w1w

mike810
06/07/2017, 02:23 AM
So just an update on mine. I am still working on the install. I have the main drain installed at this time so this video is not totally current. Any one know of any dry fit techniques where the pipe can be seated fully and then separated without sanding them down to the point where you have lost a tight fit? Amazing at how i thought i had so much room and it has gotten so tight!

https://youtu.be/xa7hYQI6w1w

I simply twist and push when dry fitting. Mark where the joints meet with a marker on the fitting and pipe and wiggle it back out. Primer, cement up to the marked points. Even if it wasn't fully seated when you dry fitted it, as long as you got the pipe in there good, it will hold.

Looking good so far, space gets taken up fast! My stand is 10ft long and that is an 8D dreambox.

https://s25.postimg.org/m3g2cjh8v/IMG_2997.jpg

Shredded
06/07/2017, 07:51 AM
@mike810
Looks great! My whole room is only 9 ft long and as you can see I am spilling out the sides of the stand and I still have more equipment. Luckily most of it is to be mounted on the wall racks so it doesn't really eat floor space. Mine is only a modified 7C, so a bit smaller then yours. My problem is my tolerances on the plumbing. If i could dry fit each piece, fully seating the pipe then it is a simple matter to measure, cut lightly longer, then sand and fit, repeating until the lengths are exact and then glue. I use a lot of unions so the pieces may be disassembled easily. My worst piece is complete and turned out well, however, I am afraid there was luck involved and it took a full day to do one pipe run. see the attached pic. There should be an easier way. This piece joined two of the drains in opposite corners to make the main siphon. Each side utilizes two unions and every pipe length is equal from each side, so that the two drains pull equally from both sides.The others should not be so bad. I have tried using some olive oil on the end as a lubricant to try to completely seat the pipe in the socket. This was a bad idea as yes, I think it seated deeper, and it was horrendous to try to get it back apart and since it didn't seat completely, it was no better. I was wondering if Vaseline might do it?

ClownsRCoo
06/07/2017, 09:13 AM
He's saying you don't have to worry about getting it to completely seat when dry fitting. Get it in there tight, mark the edge of the fitting on the pipe with a marker, when you go to glue them together you will be able to push them further in since the glue is lubricating the pipe but only go until you reach the mark you made to ensure your maintaining the proper overall length. Even though it's not fully seated it's plenty in the fitting to not have to worry about leaks. That's how I do my plumbing as well and have yet to have a leak. I'm 3 tanks in too.

mike810
06/08/2017, 01:00 AM
He's saying you don't have to worry about getting it to completely seat when dry fitting. Get it in there tight, mark the edge of the fitting on the pipe with a marker, when you go to glue them together you will be able to push them further in since the glue is lubricating the pipe but only go until you reach the mark you made to ensure your maintaining the proper overall length. Even though it's not fully seated it's plenty in the fitting to not have to worry about leaks. That's how I do my plumbing as well and have yet to have a leak. I'm 3 tanks in too.

That is exactly what I am saying. You don't need it to fully seat which normally will not happen when dry fitting unless you use a mallet and then getting it out will be a PITA! Just get it in there as much as you can when dry fitting. If you want to be exact, simply measure the inside of the fitting and add that to your measurement when making your cut. I believe it is 1 1/4" you need to add on.

Shredded
06/08/2017, 01:18 PM
OK, i see. I hadn't thought about it that way, even if I marked it and then added 1/8" to that mark just to be safe that would work. I've just never done PVC work where I didn't fully seat the pipe in the fitting. I'm anxious to get my first fill done and do a leak test so that I can start the reef. The carpenter came last weekend and framed the office side of the tank. Zero English (two thumbs up got my point across) but beautiful work!

slief
06/08/2017, 05:50 PM
OK, i see. I hadn't thought about it that way, even if I marked it and then added 1/8" to that mark just to be safe that would work. I've just never done PVC work where I didn't fully seat the pipe in the fitting. I'm anxious to get my first fill done and do a leak test so that I can start the reef. The carpenter came last weekend and framed the office side of the tank. Zero English (two thumbs up got my point across) but beautiful work!

Very nice!!

mike810
06/09/2017, 12:11 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ReefKeeper64
06/15/2017, 03:17 PM
Hello folks,

I wanted to share a few pictures from my latest build. This is my 3rd saltwater build in the past 7 years and I am extremely happy with it. It was a real pleasure setting up this system because everything "just works". Having set this up myself, I can say that the Royal Exclusiv dreambox, skimmer, DC pumps, and DC controllers are all well built and they seem to work together very well.

For those that are interested, this is a new style "pre-manufactured" dreambox sump that I picked up in Ft. Myers, FL at Royal-Exclusiv's relatively new USA store. RE had everything in stock there so there was no shipping charge involved and there was no wait to receive the gear from Germany either. The sump measures 100x50x32cm and includes 7 sock chambers. red weld, LED, sock silencers, and water leveler. RE gave a discount since I picked everything up at their warehouse. The body of the sump and all clear covers are made of a heavy duty PVC that is built to last. Not only that, the skimmer and pumps really are as near silent as everyone else says they are. With the DC controllers, the skimmer and return water flow was extremely easy to dial in. The only issue I ran into is that the three 1" PVC drain pipes from my bean animal returns didn't fit the metric receiver pipes that are built into the back left corner of the sump. I had to find adapters on my own. I believe RE is planning to offer adapters.

Skimmer: RE Double Cone 180 w/RedDevil3 50w pump
Sump: RE Dreambox filter system 100x50x35cm
Return Pump: RE w/RedDevil3 80w pump
Tank: Reef Savvy 110gal

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374848&d=1497556827

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374852&stc=1&d=1497561753

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374850&d=1497558998

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374851&stc=1&d=1497559004

Tank with temporary lighting
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374853&stc=1&d=1497564005

jporter
06/20/2017, 02:34 PM
Here is a picture of my dream box that's responsible for filtering my Elos office tank. I still need to do some wire management but it's been working great for a few months now. Scott was very helpful at RE. JP

Koestby86
06/20/2017, 03:35 PM
Here is a picture of my dream box that's responsible for filtering my Elos office tank. I still need to do some wire management but it's been working great for a few months now. Scott was very helpful at RE. JP

Looking good, off topic but how do u like the ARID? Actually considering to buy one for my 200g.

jporter
06/20/2017, 04:03 PM
Looking good, off topic but how do u like the ARID? Actually considering to buy one for my 200g.

It certainly grows chaeto like mad. I got it since I used dry rock that I'm sure has lots of phosphates. One thing for sure is it's really bright! Looked at a few other models and went with the Pax Bellum. There is a reason for that massive heat sink on the top of the LED tube. JP

bkelley02
06/20/2017, 05:07 PM
I have not Dreambox coming Timor and the shipping company just called to schedule a time. Does 200 lbs sound right for a 60 x 60 kit? Sounds too heavy for a sump, a couple pumps and a skimmer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

slief
06/20/2017, 05:21 PM
I have not Dreambox coming Timor and the shipping company just called to schedule a time. Does 200 lbs sound right for a 60 x 60 kit? Sounds too heavy for a sump, a couple pumps and a skimmer.

You will be VERY surprised. First, the 60x60 like all Dreamboxes is very heavy by itself. The crate that it's packed in is also very heavy and very well made to protect it. The skimmers and pumps are very heavy too. You are going to be very pleasantly surprised. Be sure to have a 4mm or 5mm torx bit ready as the crate is screwed together very well.

Shredded
06/20/2017, 06:02 PM
Pallet, crate, sump, pumps...yea, possible

bkelley02
06/20/2017, 06:46 PM
Glad you could figure out what I was saying. I hate posting from my phone sometimes.

ReefClownMIA
06/20/2017, 06:51 PM
Yes, that sounds about right. :)

mike810
06/20/2017, 08:01 PM
200lbs only? J/k. When you see the crate, you will know why it's so heavy. The wood they use to crate is already pretty heavy by itself. My 8D box was super heavy with no skimmer or pumps in there so 200lbs is not far out there.

mike810
06/20/2017, 08:05 PM
It certainly grows chaeto like mad. I got it since I used dry rock that I'm sure has lots of phosphates. One thing for sure is it's really bright! Looked at a few other models and went with the Pax Bellum. There is a reason for that massive heat sink on the top of the LED tube. JP

What were your levels before and after a couple weeks of installing the arid? I'm very interested in getting one for my 360g since all my rocks are pukani which is known to leech phosphate. I thought about diy one but my concerns are the led wrapping around the reactor like that with no heat sink or anything. I will always choose quality over saving a few bucks, in this case, it's quite a few bucks but I still want one!

docwells
07/01/2017, 04:13 PM
Are the nano dreamboxes in stock in Florida? I am thinking of taking the plunge and ordering one

slief
07/01/2017, 04:44 PM
Are the nano dreamboxes in stock in Florida? I am thinking of taking the plunge and ordering one

We do have a couple in stock in Florida. They are smaller ones. There is this one:
http://royalexclusiv.com/Dreamboxen/Dreambox-filter-systems/Dreambox-filter-sytem-size-XS-100x49x35cm::535.html

And this one:
http://royalexclusiv.com/Dreamboxen/Dreambox-filter-systems/Nano-Dreambox-filter-system-size-M-60x40x35cm::530.html

We may have a 100 or 125cm complete system in stock too but I would need to double check on Monday. The complete systems that may be instock are listed here:
http://royalexclusiv.com/Dreamboxen/Dreambox-complete-filter-system:::58_60.html

bkelley02
07/01/2017, 06:18 PM
Scott, any suggestions on where to get some metric pvc pipe?

slief
07/02/2017, 08:29 AM
Scott, any suggestions on where to get some metric pvc pipe?

That's a tough one. There aren't many US suppliers that carry metric PVC. I would check Amazon or just get metric DIN (for European metric) to imperial adapters from flexpvc.com so you can use US sized pvc. You could also order direct from royalexclusiv.net (the European site) but shipping gets expensive. We carry some smaller pieces in the US from time to time but not enough to plumb a system and only a few sizes that can be used with our reactors or in some cases for connecting pumps to the Dreamboxes. Our next shipment should have some fittings and smaller connections. That is due to arrive late this month if not first of August. What size do you need? Some have sanded down imperial to fit the metric connections but that is a bit of a pain.

docwells
07/02/2017, 09:49 AM
Slief,

Thanks for the reply. The Nano Dreambox M looks like the size I could use
I will try and call them on Monday.

slief
07/02/2017, 11:24 AM
Slief,

Thanks for the reply. The Nano Dreambox M looks like the size I could use
I will try and call them on Monday.

Just send me an email. I will PM you my email address.

bkelley02
07/02/2017, 11:53 AM
Can I call tomorrow to let you know what I'm after and see if you have anything available?

slief
07/02/2017, 12:44 PM
Can I call tomorrow to let you know what I'm after and see if you have anything available?

We are closed tomorrow.. Best bet is to shoot me an email. Cristina will be stopping by the office to get some stuff shipped but not likely answering the phones.

docwells
07/02/2017, 06:21 PM
Slief,

Email sent

ReefKeeper64
07/02/2017, 06:39 PM
Scott, have you heard any news on when RE will release the 5 or 10 micron filter socks? I thought I saw that you mentioned that a while back.

Thanks

slief
07/02/2017, 07:17 PM
Scott, have you heard any news on when RE will release the 5 or 10 micron filter socks? I thought I saw that you mentioned that a while back.

Thanks
5 or 10 micron socks?? I am not aware of any plans for a 5 or 10 micron sock. There are plans for felt socks but 200 micron would likely be the finest on those.
A 5 or 10 micron sock would clog in 24 hours or less in most systems. The only practical use for those is for Lanthanum Chloride dosing IMO.

ReefKeeper64
07/02/2017, 08:13 PM
Here is the post I was referring to. Felt, regardless of micron size is what I've waiting on. The nylon is good for large particles and is easy to clean. Felt would be nice for the second sock chamber to polish things up. I'm using mesh now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post

Yea, we did realize here in the US that they need to be metric. The dreambox is unique in that it uses multiple rows of socks and will stop post particles even with the mesh socks. If you were in a pinch and really concerned you could cut a 4" felt sock and drop it into the mesh ones or even some filter floss in there. We will be getting felt socks in the US. They are waiting on samples in Germany and like you, I much prefer felt socks over mesh ones. IN Europe, it seems everybody prefers mesh. My guess is when we get our next major shipment, we will have a mess of felt socks in there. It's likely 90 days out though before we have them here.

slief
07/02/2017, 08:58 PM
Here is the post I was referring to. Felt, regardless of micron size is what I've waiting on. The nylon is good for large particles and is easy to clean. Felt would be nice for the second sock chamber to polish things up. I'm using mesh now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post

Gotcha.. We are waiting on Germany as they ordered some felt socks in for qualification and if they fit properly, they will be sending us some. I don't have a time frame but 200 micron felts are the most likely scenario as that is what we requested. We could put a request in for finer ones but I don't think they would be practical. In my experience 200 micron felt socks are much more effective than 200 micron mesh socks. I just sent an email off to Germany to get an update. I don't think they are included in the shipment that is in route or will be this next week. As such, it is likely to be a couple months before we get them as Germany was putting in a special order to have them made. I also requested some 100 micron ones if they can get them. Most won't want 100 micron socks but it woudn't hurt to have some. Once I get an update from Germany, I will update this thread. Torsten is out until a week from Monday as he is on vacation so it's likely to be a week or so before I get an update.

coral@life
07/02/2017, 09:56 PM
Is the Dream box 3.0 being imported into the states now?

slief
07/02/2017, 10:51 PM

At some point they will be. We believe there is one coming in with the next shipment that will be shown at MACNA and will likely be offered for sale at the show. We don't have the final specs or pricing on it as of yet. I believe it will be a fully loaded version of this one with a big skimmer, lighting, reactors etc.
https://royalexclusiv.net/dreamboxen/dreambox-filteranlagen-3-0/vlies-dreambox-komplett-filteranlagen/vlies-dreambox-komplett-filter-fuer-aquarien-bis-2000-liter/vlies-dreambox-beispiel-set-5c.html

coral@life
07/03/2017, 09:46 AM
At some point they will be. We believe there is one coming in with the next shipment that will be shown at MACNA and will likely be offered for sale at the show. We don't have the final specs or pricing on it as of yet. I believe it will be a fully loaded version of this one with a big skimmer, lighting, reactors etc.
https://royalexclusiv.net/dreamboxen/dreambox-filteranlagen-3-0/vlies-dreambox-komplett-filteranlagen/vlies-dreambox-komplett-filter-fuer-aquarien-bis-2000-liter/vlies-dreambox-beispiel-set-5c.html

Very nice unit I hope they decide to bring them in sooner rather than later.

slief
07/03/2017, 10:31 AM
Very nice unit I hope they decide to bring them in sooner rather than later.

Me too but the issue is that they are so busy building for customer orders that building them for inventory stock is kind of tough for them as the production line is always busy. Plus, people who are spending that kind of money on one of these oftenl want their intake line connection a certain size or a specific skimmer or specific return pump or pumps. Some want LED's, others don't. Some want red seams while others want the gray ones. It's easy to order one and have it built to meet your desired specs and have it shipped to the closest international airport instead of door to door to save some money. When we import them, the shipping to the US is added into the price then there is the domestic shipping to you so you aren't saving much if any money when it comes to shipping. Us having them instock solves the "I want it now" desire that many of us have but sometimes it's nice to have it built with specific options to suit your needs.

ReefKeeper64
07/04/2017, 01:10 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=375684&stc=1&d=1499194454

Hello all,

Would anyone mind taking a picture of their lids removed from your dreambox and set on the floor or a table? A straight down shot will make for a good reference template.

Also, would you mind also posting a picture of your lids back in place on your dreambox? That will give me a good idea how much clearance I should have between the opening and the skimmer. Mine is a BK180.

Thanks!

slief
07/04/2017, 02:24 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=375684&stc=1&d=1499194454

Hello all,

Would anyone mind taking a picture of their lids removed from your dreambox and set on the floor or a table? A straight down shot will make for a good reference template.

Also, would you mind also posting a picture of your lids back in place on your dreambox? That will give me a good idea how much clearance I should have between the opening and the skimmer. Mine is a BK180.

Thanks!

I think you can make the skimmer cutout a bit tighter. It's ultimately up to you though. If it were me, I would position the skimmer so the pump was easy to access for routine maintenance and keep the cutout as tight as possible to minimize evaporation. Also, if you use a small pot lid and an exacto knife, that will help you get that cutout in the template nice and clean.

Here are a few picture from the European website.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3425_zpsvhhwvpfb.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3426_zpsrvbn0lkv.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3428_zpspvye16ph.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3429_zpsxsoebgpo.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3430_zpsrklnjvr1.jpg

ReefKeeper64
07/04/2017, 04:51 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3430_zpsrklnjvr1.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/shleif/media/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3430_zpsrklnjvr1.jpg.html)

Scott, You helped me yet again and this picture is a home run. Thanks!

I positioned my skimmer and pump the way the picture above shows and I like that better. I'll also make myself a tighter fitting template per your suggestion.

Thanks again!

slief
07/04/2017, 05:13 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_3430_zpsrklnjvr1.jpg

Scott, You helped me yet again and this picture is a home run. Thanks!

I positioned my skimmer and pump the way the picture above shows and I like that better. I'll also make myself a tighter fitting template per your suggestion.

Thanks again!

Glad to help! :beer:

ReefKeeper64
07/05/2017, 06:55 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=375711&stc=1&d=1499255694

Scott, The template is finished now and I'll be taking it, along with the lids, down the my local plastics shop today. Thanks again for all your help.

slief
07/05/2017, 07:58 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=375711&stc=1&d=1499255694

Scott, The template is finished now and I'll be taking it, along with the lids, down the my local plastics shop today. Thanks again for all your help.

VERY VERY nice!! I would just make sure the lids with the cutout are easily removed from the skimmer. Particularly the left side.

Klaus Jansen
07/05/2017, 12:03 PM

3 x Completesystems Dreambox 3.0 are on the way to USA.. 2 x 130x60x40 cm and 1 x 150x60x40 cm.

One of this Boxes, we want show them by Macna ....

All FleeceDreamboxes include Bubble King Deluxe 200, stackable Mediareaktor, Cockpit, LED, 3 x RD3 50 Watt Speedys, Red Seams, 12 Volt Panasonic-Timer....

best regards .. Klaus

slief
07/05/2017, 01:06 PM
3 x Completesystems Dreambox 3.0 are on the way to USA.. 2 x 130x60x40 cm and 1 x 150x60x40 cm.

One of this Boxes, we want show them by Macna ....

All FleeceDreamboxes include Bubble King Deluxe 200, stackable Mediareaktor, Cockpit, LED, 3 x RD3 50 Watt Speedys, Red Seams, 12 Volt Panasonic-Timer....

best regards .. Klaus

Sweet! That is great news!

mike810
07/05/2017, 01:20 PM
12 Volt Panasonic-Timer....

best regards .. Klaus

What is that? Timer for what?

slief
07/05/2017, 01:31 PM
What is that? Timer for what?

That controls the fleece roller in conjunction with the sensors in the roller fleece filter compartment.

You can see it in these pictures:
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/1635_0_zpsznblskio.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/1600_1_zpslhk7uhph.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/1635_2_zpsuv7byz7l.jpg

Shredded
07/05/2017, 03:16 PM
Yesterday, July 4, I disassembled all of the plumbing, lubed all of the O-rings, checked all of the fittings and reassembled. I started the hose for the first test fill at 2:00 pm CST. As first fills go, I had minimal issues. I only had one leak and that was one of those stupid anti siphon valves. one of the O-rings did not seat properly. luckily, a tiled floor and drain handled that drip easily. So, simply removed that piece, re-seated the o-ring and we were good to go. I still have issues with them and I am not sure how to resolve them. Basically, they don't work, sometimes. if the pumps shut down, one or the other will sometimes "hammer:" the flapper just sits and bounces on the seat and will eventually drain the pipe and if the ends are underwater, siphon down to that level in the tank. I will drill a couple of anti siphon holes in the fittings at the top which will resolve that but if the pipes still drain, they serve no purpose. Waste of space and money. So, some investigation needed there. So everyone... 1 month shy of 2 years to the day that this project started, we have water. Here is a short video (phone ran out of memory, have to delete some of the porn off my phone! lol). System still needs dialed in. The pumps are only running at 36% and the main siphons are the only ones pulling water but I think my proof of concept fill went well. OH, the Owens Corning Foamular installed under the tank is PERFECT. It absolutely supports the entire rim of the tank and only crushed (imperceptible except no gaps) where needed and the bubble is spot on, on all four sides. Very pleasantly surprised.

https://youtu.be/P2L3ShVXUPI

mike810
07/06/2017, 01:09 PM
You should position your return lines to a height where the sump can handle the back flow, check valve or no check valve. Any and all check valves will fail over time or slowly drain water as crud builds up on the flap. I went with the more expensive WYE check valve which I can remove the stopper and clean but it still leaked (brand new). However, I planned my sump to handle the back flow. The first time I started up my tank, I ran it without a check valve so I know where to position my return lines to prevent an overflow of the sump during a power outage. If your sump is not big enough then drilling siphon breaks as you mentioned will do the trick.

Sump and plumbing looks great!

docwells
07/14/2017, 05:30 AM

Did you get the lids cut yet? Wanted to see how they turned out. I am thinking about ordering a Dreambox and will need to have my lids cut also.

ReefKeeper64
07/14/2017, 10:29 PM
Did you get the lids cut yet? Wanted to see how they turned out. I am thinking about ordering a Dreambox and will need to have my lids cut also.

The shop said it would be about a week and a half to turn them around. I'll post pictures and exact measurements after they are back.

This hobby is more fun having a dreambox. It makes life easier and you find that you want all of your work (wiring for example) to be as organized as the dreambox. You won't regret your investment one bit. I know I dont.

docwells
07/15/2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning toward ordering. Just looking at what add ons I might want like the board to mount my RD pump controller.

Would love to see your lids after being cut along with measurements.

Is you system installed and running or are you waiting on the lids?

mike810
07/15/2017, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning toward ordering. Just looking at what add ons I might want like the board to mount my RD pump controller.

Not sure if RE does this but might want to ask them for a longer outlet cord from the control box to the outlet if you get the board to hold the control boxes. I have three rd3 pumps and the cord from the pump to control box is very long which wasn't needed in my case since they were mounted to the dream box. I had to get some extension cords to be able to plug my pumps into the apex eb8 which was about 7ft away.

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 04:39 PM

its running now but still without the lids. I'll post some more pictures this evening.

mike810
07/16/2017, 07:44 PM
Why didn't your box come with lids?

slief
07/16/2017, 08:08 PM
Why didn't your box come with lids?

His box came with lids. They just weren't cut for the skimmer. We are now stocking empty Dreamboxes in Ft. Myers. Those Dreamboxes don't include skimmers. As such, the lids aren't cut so that customers can match their own skimmers to the Dreambox whether it's a bubble king or not or internal or not. The only caveat is that the customer would need to make a template for the skimmer cutout and drop the lids off at an acrylic fabricator or even cabinet shop to have the lids cut or routed out. That is something that costs $50-$100 to do depending on the shop so it's generally not a big deal. I just tell customers who choose that route to use the included lids to make cardboard copies of them to use when making the template for the skimmer cutout. Some cardboard, poster board or heavy paper, a protractor or other round objects as well as a ruler and an exacto knife will make quick work of making the template. His lids are out at an acrylic shop being cut to match the template he made.

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 08:50 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376333&stc=1&d=1500259459

So on this Dreambox, you get a total of six lids. Like Slief says the two largest lids for the skimmer chamber are not precut to a specific skimmer. All the lids are made out of this heavy duty clear PVC material and you can see they are custom molded to fit in the Dreambox. When I showed up at the fabric shop with the two lids, Dave the forman looked at them closely and said these are the real deal. Meaning, true clear PVC. He doesn't get many orders for clear PVC because of cost but he says its the best clear material out there strength wise for the price.

Socaltoaz
07/16/2017, 09:15 PM
Any reason to keep the kids on? I have the kids removed for better gas exchange. Should I put the lids back on?

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 09:21 PM
You asked if the tank is running so here it is. It's only a few weeks old and just 6 fish so far (Most are in bed for the night). Royal Exclusive gear is in the closet in the background 2nd and 3rd picture. I'll have pictures of that next.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376337&stc=1&d=1500260703
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376334&stc=1&d=1500259974

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376335&d=1500259986

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376336&d=1500260004

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376338&stc=1&d=1500260735

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 09:31 PM
Here are several pictures at various angles.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376339&stc=1&d=1500261725

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376341&stc=1&d=1500261788

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376342&stc=1&d=1500261812

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376343&stc=1&d=1500262257

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 09:44 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376349&stc=1&d=1500262594

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376344&stc=1&d=1500262324

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376346&stc=1&d=1500262351

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376348&stc=1&d=1500262398

slief
07/16/2017, 09:46 PM
Any reason to keep the kids on? I have the kids removed for better gas exchange. Should I put the lids back on?

They reduce evaporation. I like having lids on my sumps for that reason. My gas exchange come from the surface agitation on my main display couple with all the surface agitation. Since the sumps don't have much surface agitation, the gas exchange isn't as good as one would think. Plus, your skimmer will help with gas exchange too. Put the lids on and see what that does for your pH levels. I'd be surprised if it made much of a difference.

Socaltoaz
07/16/2017, 09:47 PM
Ok. Will put lids on and see.

slief
07/16/2017, 09:52 PM
Here are several pictures at various angles.

Very nice!! It's nice to have the Dreambox where it can be seen and not hidden behind doors. The tank is looking great too! I love the aquascape! Nice and open!

I hate this thread. It makes me want a Dreambox everytime I see these pictures. Fortunately (for my wallet) it would be nothing short of a nightmare to get one under my tank. I'd need to cut the wall to get it in even though the existing sump and refugium would come right out through the door openings below my tank.

ClownsRCoo
07/16/2017, 10:01 PM
I have a design suggestion for the dream boxes. The LED lights on these irritate me every time I see them which is why I didn't put them in my sump. The fact that the first filter sock row isn't lit up looks really cheesy to me. My suggestion would be to mount the light bar on the front wall of the sump which gives you access from coast to coast of the sump to light it all up. If you want the wires to come out of the back then make holders along the edge that hold the wires just under the lip until you can poke it out through one of the cutouts in the back.

Every time I see one the way they are now it looks like a strip with some burned out lights to the left. No offense to the owner of the dreambox but this design flaw needs to be corrected by RE

ReefKeeper64
07/16/2017, 10:14 PM
Thanks Slief. I've seen videos of your tank and all the automation and redundancy you have going on. It is impessive as heck. You can't change that!

slief
07/16/2017, 10:30 PM
I have a design suggestion for the dream boxes. The LED lights on these irritate me every time I see them which is why I didn't put them in my sump. The fact that the first filter sock row isn't lit up looks really cheesy to me. My suggestion would be to mount the light bar on the front wall of the sump which gives you access from coast to coast of the sump to light it all up. If you want the wires to come out of the back then make holders along the edge that hold the wires just under the lip until you can poke it out through one of the cutouts in the back.

Every time I see one the way they are now it looks like a strip with some burned out lights to the left. No offense to the owner of the dreambox but this design flaw needs to be corrected by RE

The LED strip is removable and slides out through a hole in the side. It runs though a clear tube along the back edge of the box. While having it under the lip along the front would be a possibility, given the light is removable so it can be replaced, having the wires poking out the side near the front of the box would be an issue. Not only would it be unsightly to have the wires coming out so close to the front of the box, there are options on the dreambox such as the level sensors currently sold in the European market that mount along the forward most part on the right side which is exactly where the lightly wire connections would come out of. That would interfere with the light placement if it were along the front instead of along the back.

The Dreamboxe 1's have the entire front as transparent. In that case, the back would be the only place to place the light assembly and the sock compartments are illuminated. Since every panel on these are CNC cut and the programs are used across multiple dreamboxes, keeping the sides on them the same across multiple sized dreamboxes makes things easier to manage from a production standpoint. Thus, placing the light tube along the upper front edge would make no sense.

That said, I understand what you are saying about the first sock compartment not being illuminated but if you have seen one of these in person with the internal lighting, it really does work out well and you don't even think twice about it. In the case of the photos above, you only notice it when looking down from the top. Looking at it straight on like most poeple do, it's not noticeable and looks great. You really need to see one with the lights in person to appreciate it. For the cost of the option, I think it's well worth it but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Personally, I wouldn't order one without the lights but I've seen enough Dreamboxes in different sizes in person with the lighting to know that it's an option that I really appreciate.

docwells
07/20/2017, 06:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what the sizes of the drain pipes are on the dreambox? I see there are 4 drain pipes. I have two 1 inch drains and was trying to figure how to plumb it.

Also what is the size of the union on the dreambox on the return pump side? Again trying to figure out my plumbing and supplies that need to be ordered

mike810
07/20/2017, 06:12 PM
Can anyone tell me what the sizes of the drain pipes are on the dreambox? I see there are 4 drain pipes. I have two 1 inch drains and was trying to figure how to plumb it.

Also what is the size of the union on the dreambox on the return pump side? Again trying to figure out my plumbing and supplies that need to be ordered

Depending on which dreambox you choose and if it's being made in germany, you can request specific sizes.

docwells
07/20/2017, 06:16 PM
I'm looking at a nanodreambox at the Florida store, so no option to customize drain

ReefKeeper64
07/20/2017, 06:25 PM
Which nano are you thinking of? Mine is posted with pics and measures 100x50cm. Is that the one?

slief
07/20/2017, 09:17 PM
I believe the Nono's we have in stock have one 40mm, two 32 mm and a 25mm. It does depend on the dreambox though.

docwells
07/21/2017, 06:44 AM
The Dreambox I am looking at is the nano that measures 60 x 40 x35cm

slief
07/21/2017, 07:58 AM
The Dreambox I am looking at is the nano that measures 60 x 40 x35cm

I think those are the correct inlets and outlets then. That said, we don't have that in US stock. There may be more in route from Germany but we have not got the final list of what's on those pallets.

docwells
07/21/2017, 08:58 AM
Slief,

Did that size nanodreambox get sold? I have been talking to Cristina about one that is in Florida.

slief
07/21/2017, 11:56 AM
Slief,

Did that size nanodreambox get sold? I have been talking to Cristina about one that is in Florida.

My bad. Was thinking of the 60x49. I am pretty sure there is a 60x40 in stock.

Koestby86
07/21/2017, 04:34 PM
I have a issue with a object in the compartment where the pipes drain into.. Dont know if its a snail house or something else but it makes a annoying sound when it gets moved around because of the flow going in.. Any idea of how i could possibly get it out ? Both the bigger drains are piped and glued. I just wish I found out before i piped the tank :/

slief
07/21/2017, 06:44 PM
I have a issue with a object in the compartment where the pipes drain into.. Dont know if its a snail house or something else but it makes a annoying sound when it gets moved around because of the flow going in.. Any idea of how i could possibly get it out ? Both the bigger drains are piped and glued. I just wish I found out before i piped the tank :/

Since it's full, it's kind of tough. If it's possible to pull the dreambox out and tip it on it's side, you can probably get out out where the water overflows into the socks. If you have access to one of the drain intakes either because one isn't used or if you are using unions, you can use a "flexible claw pick up tool" to fish it out from the drain intake pipe. Given the buoyancy of objects in the water, I am a bit surprised you can hear it in there though.

This is a claw pickup tool. Given the direction of the flow of water, you may even be able to get it by snaking one of these through the side of the box where the water flows into the socks. These are cheap and readily available online. This would likely be my first course of action.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/IMG_3471_zpsftugj0ur.jpg

ReefKeeper64
07/21/2017, 08:06 PM

Here are the finished lids. Total cost $67. I took Slief's advice and added an extra centimeter all around to insure no binding (there is none).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376649&stc=1&d=1500688377

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376653&stc=1&d=1500688735

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376652&stc=1&d=1500688637

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376654&stc=1&d=1500689124

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376655&stc=1&d=1500689134

slief
07/21/2017, 08:18 PM
Here are the finished lids. Total cost $67. I took Slief's advice and added an extra centimeter all around to insure no binding (these is none).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376649&stc=1&d=1500688377

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376653&stc=1&d=1500688735

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376652&stc=1&d=1500688637

Very nice! Those lids turned out absolutely perfect! :beer:

For those of you considering one of the empty dreamboxes, this is a perfect example of how it turns out. Make your template and take the lids to an acrylic shop or plastic fabricator to have the cut made using the template as a reference. Many cabinet shops can do to it too. It really insn't a big deal.

docwells
07/24/2017, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the help on the drain size.

Does anyone know the size of the union on the return pump side? Need to get my plumbing supplies together. I got my nanodreambox ordered.

slief
07/25/2017, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the help on the drain size.

Does anyone know the size of the union on the return pump side? Need to get my plumbing supplies together. I got my nanodreambox ordered.

Sorry for the late reply. Should be a 1" output on the busing for your new dreambox.

docwells
07/25/2017, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the information. My new dreambox is in route from Florida.

ReefKeeper64
07/25/2017, 07:22 PM

Congrats and welcome to the club!

mike810
07/25/2017, 07:28 PM

Congrats!! You're going to love the dreambox.

docwells
07/26/2017, 04:59 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Thanks. I can't wait to get it and get it installed. Trying to collect my plumbing supplies now.

Reefkeeper64, I need to get with you on your lids. I saw your templates. Do you have any more measurements that I can use to place my cut out in place like a measurement from edge to center point of the main cut out circle. And what skimmer are you using?

ReefKeeper64
07/26/2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks. I can't wait to get it and get it installed. Trying to collect my plumbing supplies now.

Reefkeeper64, I need to get with you on your lids. I saw your templates. Do you have any more measurements that I can use to place my cut out in place like a measurement from edge to center point of the main cut out circle. And what skimmer are you using?

I'm using a Royal Exclusive Bubble King 180.

To start, I took the skimmer out of the dreambox, removed the skimmer cup, and then took a top down picture of the skimmer. Then I emailed the picture to my computer. I then used snagit to enlarge/reduce the photo to scale so that my printout would approximately match the actual length and width of the top down dimensions of the skimmer. I had to make a few printouts before I got this about right. Now I have a nice template to work with.

Next, I cut out the template and taped it to the cardboard cutout of the two lids. I would just make one cardboard cutout representing both the left and the right lids. Then I measured 2cm all around the skimmer cutout to provide clearance for lid removal.

You can tell from the pictures that I wanted my skimmer positioned over to the left so that I can see and access the DC skimmer controller easily. It also made some extra room in that compartment. You can center it just as well but this is what I did.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

docwells
07/27/2017, 05:11 AM
I'm using a Royal Exclusive Bubble King 180.

To start, I took the skimmer out of the dreambox, removed the skimmer cup, and then took a top down picture of the skimmer. Then I emailed the picture to my computer. I then used snagit to enlarge/reduce the photo to scale so that my printout would approximately match the actual length and width of the top down dimensions of the skimmer. I had to make a few printouts before I got this about right. Now I have a nice template to work with.

Next, I cut out the template and taped it to the cardboard cutout of the two lids. I would just make one cardboard cutout representing both the left and the right lids. Then I measured 2cm all around the skimmer cutout to provide clearance for lid removal.

You can tell from the pictures that I wanted my skimmer positioned over to the left so that I can see and access the DC skimmer controller easily. It also made some extra room in that compartment. You can center it just as well but this is what I did.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the help. That information was very helpful. I hope to work on it next week. I hope to install dreambox this weekend

docwells
07/29/2017, 10:02 AM
Just got my dreambox yesterday. It is awesome. Very well built.

I do have one issue. The LED lights will not come on. I've tried it in multiple outlets in my house, checked the connections, pressed the on/off switch on the remote multiple times and made sure the battery in the remote was installed correctly. Any other suggestions that I can try?

slief
07/29/2017, 10:08 AM
Just got my dreambox yesterday. It is awesome. Very well built.

I do have one issue. The LED lights will not come on. I've tried it in multiple outlets in my house, checked the connections, pressed the on/off switch on the remote multiple times and made sure the battery in the remote was installed correctly. Any other suggestions that I can try?

Do you have the connection between the led strip and the driver connected properly? There is an arrow or mark on the strip that indicates pin 1 which needs to match the pin 1 on the cable. If that cable is reversed, the strip won't light up.

slief
07/29/2017, 10:14 AM
This shows the polarity arrow on the connectors. It's not teh same connector but similar. I'd also double check the remove batteries to make sure they are in the correct orientation (you mentioned doing that already) and make sure there isn't some remaining plastic under the cover from the piece you pull out of the battery. Lastly, make sure there is a good connection between the US power plug adapter on the AC Power supply. If you have a volt meter, check to make sure the power supply is outputting voltage. The center pin is + and the outer part is the negative.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/IMG_3499_zps4e842hjd.jpg

slief
07/29/2017, 10:24 AM
One other thing.. Make sure you are pointing the remote at the IR sensors on the connection at the LED strip.

docwells
07/29/2017, 11:18 AM
I checked the above issues again. All connections are correct. No plastic around the battery.
I have a bad or incorrect power supply. The power supply connection to to controller is not snug. The male pin is too long to fit all the way into the female connection. Whether that matters I do not know. If it doesn't matter then the adapter itself is bad. I tried another power supply from my cable box and the lights came on. The male section of that power supply is shorter and fits snug into the female controller socket. I did use my volt meter and got no power from the power supply There was power when I checked the US power supply adapter when I had it plugged into the wall socket by itself.

slief
07/29/2017, 11:46 AM
I checked the above issues again. All connections are correct. No plastic around the battery.
I have a bad or incorrect power supply. The power supply connection to to controller is not snug. The male pin is too long to fit all the way into the female connection. Whether that matters I do not know. If it doesn't matter then the adapter itself is bad. I tried another power supply from my cable box and the lights came on. The male section of that power supply is shorter and fits snug into the female controller socket. I did use my volt meter and got no power from the power supply There was power when I checked the US power supply adapter when I had it plugged into the wall socket by itself.

OK.. That helps. Strange that the AC Adapter is dead but stranger things have happened. We are checking stock for a new AC Adapter for you and you were CC'd on the email.

docwells
07/29/2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the help and quick replies.

docwells
08/02/2017, 05:28 AM
I got my dreambox installed and all I can say is it is awesome. It is well built and well worth the money. My wife saw it after it was installed and was impressed. She was like it is such a clean look under the stand now and it is quiet. No more salt creep with the perfectly fitting lids. I wish I had bought this sooner.

I do have one question. How long did it take before skimmers started foam production and microbubbles resolve? My skimmer is not producing foam at this point. It is a DC 150 that I already had. I did clean the skimmer in a vinegar bath and rinse before installing in dream box. I did rinse the dreambox with saltwater before installing to try to wash out any chemicals. I have the skimmer in 7 inches of water which is what it were it was in my prior sump. I am assuming it's just a new break in period but was trying to see how long this should last?

slief
08/02/2017, 08:04 AM
I got my dreambox installed and all I can say is it is awesome. It is well built and well worth the money. My wife saw it after it was installed and was impressed. She was like it is such a clean look under the stand now and it is quiet. No more salt creep with the perfectly fitting lids. I wish I had bought this sooner.

I do have one question. How long did it take before skimmers started foam production and microbubbles resolve? My skimmer is not producing foam at this point. It is a DC 150 that I already had. I did clean the skimmer in a vinegar bath and rinse before installing in dream box. I did rinse the dreambox with saltwater before installing to try to wash out any chemicals. I have the skimmer in 7 inches of water which is what it were it was in my prior sump. I am assuming it's just a new break in period but was trying to see how long this should last?

Typical break in is typically a week or two depending on what is the tank and age of the display. That said, if this is on a new tank build, your dissolved organics will be minimal if any and without the DOC's/proteins in the water, the bubbles will not be able to stick together to create foam. As a result, more bubbles will exit the skimmer instead of forming foam that rises to the surface. Give it some time though and allow everything to settle in.

docwells
08/02/2017, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply. I figured I just needed to wait it out.

mike810
08/05/2017, 10:55 PM
Do you guys think it is safe to attach a vinyl tubing directly to one of the red pipes in the back of the dream box and ratchet clamp it? I already ordered unions and barbed fitting but would rather not glue unions to the dreambox if you guys think it's safe going the other route. The tubing till probably have 250-500 gph running thru it, it will be used to feed an ARID C30 reactor.

jporter
08/05/2017, 11:50 PM
Do you guys think it is safe to attach a vinyl tubing directly to one of the red pipes in the back of the dream box and ratchet clamp it? I already ordered unions and barbed fitting but would rather not glue unions to the dreambox if you guys think it's safe going the other route. The tubing till probably have 250-500 gph running thru it, it will be used to feed an ARID C30 reactor.

I used silicone tubing with no issues. I'm also running an Arid post UV via the same method. JP

mike810
08/06/2017, 12:48 AM
I used silicone tubing with no issues. I'm also running an Arid post UV via the same method. JP

Awesome, I should have asked before ordering the fittings. How often are you harvesting your chaeto and how much at a time? Are you dosing any of the supplements they recommend?

slief
08/06/2017, 08:04 AM

Absolutely. Vinyl or silicone tuning is perfectly fine. That is what those fittings are there for. If you use vinyl, use some hot water to stretch the tubing over the pipe and some plastic hose clamps. If you ever need to remove the tubing, just use some heat on the tubing to make it pliable for removal.

mike810
08/06/2017, 01:35 PM
Thanks Scott. I was just worried they might pop off being attached to a smooth surface instead of a barbed fitting.

slief
08/06/2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks Scott. I was just worried they might pop off being attached to a smooth surface instead of a barbed fitting.

Nope. They should be fine.

mike810
08/08/2017, 11:06 AM
This skimmer is just sick. Thank you Scott and Marco for suggesting it to me. I'm having to clean the cup every week on the dot of some nasty, super dark, foul smelling skimmate. This thing is a foaming beast. It's a loud compared to any other skimmer I've owned because the outlet pipe needs to be above water but it skims like no other skimmer I've ever owned.

Sitting in 9 1/4" water level at 48 watts.

https://s25.postimg.org/rxnh783gv/Skimmer.jpg

Klaus Jansen
08/08/2017, 02:26 PM
Hi Mike ...

what model is your skimmer ? DeLuxe 200 ?

best regards ... Klaus

mike810
08/08/2017, 08:12 PM
Hi Mike ...

what model is your skimmer ? DeLuxe 200 ?

best regards ... Klaus

Deluxe 250

ReefKeeper64
09/01/2017, 05:19 PM
Gotcha.. We are waiting on Germany as they ordered some felt socks in for qualification and if they fit properly, they will be sending us some. I don't have a time frame but 200 micron felts are the most likely scenario as that is what we requested. We could put a request in for finer ones but I don't think they would be practical. In my experience 200 micron felt socks are much more effective than 200 micron mesh socks. I just sent an email off to Germany to get an update. I don't think they are included in the shipment that is in route or will be this next week. As such, it is likely to be a couple months before we get them as Germany was putting in a special order to have them made. I also requested some 100 micron ones if they can get them. Most won't want 100 micron socks but it woudn't hurt to have some. Once I get an update from Germany, I will update this thread. Torsten is out until a week from Monday as he is on vacation so it's likely to be a week or so before I get an update.

Hello Slief, any word on felt dreambox socks?

slief
09/01/2017, 05:36 PM

Hello Slief, any word on felt dreambox socks?

Not really. Last I heard, Germany was looking into having them made but they have to buy the rings seperate and have them put together and due to volume, this may cause issues.

PM sent.

mike810
09/01/2017, 09:15 PM
Not really. Last I heard, Germany was looking into having them made but they have to buy the rings seperate and have them put together and due to volume, this may cause issues.

PM sent.

Hey Scott,

I know it's after hours but do you know if there are any 400 and 200 micron socks at the Ft. Myers facility? The felt socks I ordered doesn't work too well and they clog up within a day with the amount of flow going thru my dreambox. I'm looking for four 400 micron socks and five 200 micron socks. Would like it if RE started carrying 100 micron socks.

slief
09/01/2017, 11:00 PM
Hey Scott,

I know it's after hours but do you know if there are any 400 and 200 micron socks at the Ft. Myers facility? The felt socks I ordered doesn't work too well and they clog up within a day with the amount of flow going thru my dreambox. I'm looking for four 400 micron socks and five 200 micron socks. Would like it if RE started carrying 100 micron socks.

It looks like we have the 200 micron and 400 micron socks in stock. No 100 micron though. 100 micron socks would be comparable to a 200 micron felt sock so you may not like those very much. I'd run the felt socks in the last row and the 200 micron mesh socks in the first rows. That should extend the felt sock life by removing the large stuff before it gets to the last row.

mike810
09/01/2017, 11:59 PM
It looks like we have the 200 micron and 400 micron socks in stock. No 100 micron though. 100 micron socks would be comparable to a 200 micron felt sock so you may not like those very much. I'd run the felt socks in the last row and the 200 micron mesh socks in the first rows. That should extend the felt sock life by removing the large stuff before it gets to the last row.

I'll try that but I'll still be placing an order for the mesh socks. I want to have an extra set on hand while the dirty ones dry off after a wash. My dang tangs poop so much it clogs the sock.

mike810
09/14/2017, 01:26 PM
I really hope they come out with a felt solution soon. I find that I have to change socks every couple days or even everyday occasionally. However, with the mesh socks, when I pull them out of the sump, a lot of the stuff that was caught by the mesh goes floating away into the rest of the sump.

I have not found a good felt solution for the dream box, otherwise I'd be using all felt right now. They just catch a lot more stuff and don't make such a big mess when you pull them out of the sump. With the mesh, whatever is caught and happens to be attached on the outside of the socks, rubs up against the sock holder when pulling it out and that goes floating into the sump.

My sump is pretty dirty since switching back to mesh since the felt socks I found don't work really well.

ReefKeeper64
09/20/2017, 04:35 PM
@mike, Last week I started using 7 of the 4" 10 micron socks sold by Marc at melevsreef. I figured that he would have a good sock for sale since he is a reseller now. These socks are well made and they hold up in a washing machine just fine. They also polish up the water well. With 7 sock chambers, I can use the 10 micron socks on a regular basis without an issue.

I've been changing them out every few days but they haven't all clogged up at the same time as of yet. The first three socks in the first chamber clog up after a few days but the 4 socks in the second chamber are still working fine by the time I change out the socks. They definitely clean up the water far better than the nylon socks that shipped with my dreambox.

The only problem with them is that the 4" plastic ring is slightly larger than the smaller metric RE sized sock openings in the dreambox so the socks don't seat properly but they do the job. The sock silencers help to seat them in place well enough. When RE starts selling felt socks, I'll get a set of them.

Here is a link in case you are interested. http://melevsreef.com/catalog/4-filter-sock-10-micron

Good Luck!

mike810
09/20/2017, 06:46 PM
Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I actually found some socks that fit the RE sock holders but the material used sucks and the sock only come in a length of 15". They don't take washing very well as they stop absorbing water and almost become water proof. That said, they clog up within a day and they are the 200 micron version. So to hear that your 10 micron socks are not clogging up fast is surprising. I'm kinda holding out hoping RE will come through with some felt socks. I was about to purchase their 400 and 200 micron nylons but didn't pull the trigger just yet.

Every time I pull out the nylon socks, literally everything that was stuck to the sock comes floating off and drifting away. If it actually held everything it caught when swapping them out, I would order more and live with a slightly dirty sump that I would have to clean every once in awhile.

ReefKeeper64
09/20/2017, 09:25 PM
Hopefully Klaus will be offering the real deal soon. With a 7 sock sump design, he made the best there is for such mechanical filtration. The RE socks just need to be brought up to that same level to match an otherwise awesome design.

mike810
09/20/2017, 09:57 PM
I have 13 socks. I would love me some felt for the second and third stage.

Klaus Jansen
12/02/2017, 08:40 AM
New special Dreambox Completesystem for Closed Loop Systems .....

https://royalexclusiv.net/en/dreamboxes/dreambox-filter-sytems-2-0/special-dreambox-complete-filtersystems/complete-filter-systems-for-tanks-up-to-3-000-liter/closed-loop-dreambox-sample-set-3d.html

best regards.. Klaus

MSHUR
02/10/2018, 05:38 PM
Hi Scott
What is the main difference between ECO fleece and regular?
I see Eco comes completely closed but i am sure its more to that.
Thanks
Mike

ReefClownMIA
02/10/2018, 05:40 PM
The Eco fleece boxes are tailored towards smaller installs, where space is at a premium or limited. “Smaller” tanks - maybe someone in the 75-200gal range that uses an off the shelf stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MSHUR
02/10/2018, 06:11 PM
Hi Marco
For 300g tank I should look into regular ? Is there a video how this system works? just trying to figure out if this is more beneficial vs socks .saves time on washing socks and etc

ReefClownMIA
02/10/2018, 07:10 PM
I’m not sure if we have a video anywhere, I’ll check later or tomorrow.

Essentially the water enters the first chamber, which has a capacitive water level sensor EXTERNALLY, on a 2 stage timer.
First state is wait time, how long to wait after Sensor trips, second state is how long to roll for. This helps with nutrient control.

More efficient that socks, less frequent maintenance, ability to run smaller Skimmer and less media due to the efficiency of the overall system.

For a 300gal, I’d go with the regular sized fleece Dreambox 3.0.

slief
02/10/2018, 07:50 PM
Hi Marco
For 300g tank I should look into regular ? Is there a video how this system works? just trying to figure out if this is more beneficial vs socks .saves time on washing socks and etc

As Marco said, the Eco Fleece Dreamboxes are tailored towards smaller builds and don’t have as many For a larger build like your new build, I would go with the standard Dreambox vs an Eco.

That said, the fleece ones are certainly an option. Royal Exclusiv doesn’t have any videos of them online showing their operation. Just same basic videos on the Royal Exclsusiv channel showing programming of the fleece control interface and the changing of media.
For reference, here is the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalExclusiv/videos?disable_polymer=1

That said, some food for throught. The fleece removes solids just like socks do. What makes the fleece setup unique in the Dreambox is that the Dreambox 3 uses a capacitive level sensor that senses a level change in the fleece filter compartment. The idea being that as soon as the filter meterial starts collecting enough solids to impact the water level in that chamber, the dirty material will be pulled away and rolled into a sealed removable enclosure. With socks, stuff tends to break down long before we swap socks. The fleece setup allows the user to program via the timer how long to wait after a level change is detect and how long to run the roller to set how much material to roll out.

To elaborate a bit on what Marco was detailing..
Pros of DB 3:
No sock changes
No solids breaking down in the water
Improved nutrient export
Reduced load on skimmer
Improved water clarity
Great for lazy reefers

Cons of DB 3
Fleece is a consumable/Cost
Reduced flow through sump since the fleece can handle a max of around 1200-1600 GPH for best efficiency.

Pros of DB2
Socks rarely wear out thus minimal cost to maintain
Increased flow through the display
Very good removal of solids (if changed frequently)
Good nutrient export (if changed frequently)

Cons of DB2
Socks must be changed frequently enough to insure that solids don’t become dissolved organics and contribute to increased nutrients.

Bottom line is that for a large system, it’s kind of a catch 22. DB3’s are a bit more expensive but the fleece insures the best water quality without human intervention other than changing out the rolls. If flow from the return pump is a big concern, then that should be considered with the DB3 because of the fact that the fleece requires slower flow for best performance, in order to maximize the fleece surface area there are limits to the drain intake sizes on the DB 3’s that aren’t present on the DB2’s. The DB3’s can have a max of two 1.5” intakes and one 1” to retain the LED option. Two 2” intakes requires omitting the LED option and too much flow will create turbulence in fleece section that will adversely impact the sensor and may cause the fleece to be exported prematurely and will also allow some solids to pass through the material. Thus, if you are looking for high flow through your sump, then. The DB2 may be a better choice.

MSHUR
02/11/2018, 09:34 AM
Thank you guys for great overview !
Definitely a room for thought .I am pretty sure i push more then 1000gph through my sump .
My main reason on switching sumps is fleece system that kinda nice instead of dealing with socks .
But DB3 looks so nice :))

slief
02/11/2018, 09:39 AM
Thank you guys for great overview !
Definitely a room for thought .I am pretty sure i push more then 1000gph through my sump .
My main reason on switching sumps is fleece system that kinda nice instead of dealing with socks .
But DB3 looks so nice :))

The fleece definiately makes maintenance easy and removes a lot of the organics before they every get a chance to break down unlike socks. That is a MAJOR upside to the DB 3’s.. And of course looks as you noted! :thumbsup:

MSHUR
02/11/2018, 09:48 AM
Any one in US have DB3 so i can ask few questions ?

slief
02/11/2018, 10:34 AM
Any one in US have DB3 so i can ask few questions ?

We have a bunch of DB3 owners in the US but I’m not sure if any are on the forum.

MSHUR
02/11/2018, 10:42 AM
Got you ...
Let me reach out to Felix from Reef Savvy since he made my tank with “Ghost” overflow box
He would know how many gph this Ghost is handling .
It might be a braking point in my decision .

mike810
02/15/2018, 02:25 AM
Hi fellas,

I just had a light bulb moment and thought I would share the idea with you. I haven't implemented it yet but plan to next week when I am back from traveling. I have been running sock less for several months now due to my laziness to clean socks. Needless to say, my sump is filthy and overdue for a deep cleaning. So how do I prevent detritus build up again once clean?

I took a clear solo cup and put it into the filter holder. It fits perfectly, nice and flush! I plan to drill several holes on the bottom of the cup and place filter floss in the cups. I have an 8D box with 13 sock holders but I only plan to use the first row. I'll see how long the filter floss last before it needs to be changed. I'll update with some pics once in place. I hope this solves my filter sock problem!!

ReefClownMIA
02/15/2018, 08:28 AM
hey @mike810:
*cough* this would be kind of cool :P
http://royalexclusiv.net/images/banner/deu/SVDB_deu_745.jpg

slief
02/15/2018, 11:56 AM
Hi fellas,

I just had a light bulb moment and thought I would share the idea with you. I haven't implemented it yet but plan to next week when I am back from traveling. I have been running sock less for several months now due to my laziness to clean socks. Needless to say, my sump is filthy and overdue for a deep cleaning. So how do I prevent detritus build up again once clean?

I took a clear solo cup and put it into the filter holder. It fits perfectly, nice and flush! I plan to drill several holes on the bottom of the cup and place filter floss in the cups. I have an 8D box with 13 sock holders but I only plan to use the first row. I'll see how long the filter floss last before it needs to be changed. I'll update with some pics once in place. I hope this solves my filter sock problem!!

Let us know how it works out. This was the first thing that came to mind though. :lolspin::lolspin:

https://youtu.be/0CLacRKKhG8

mike810
02/15/2018, 01:47 PM
hey @mike810:
*cough* this would be kind of cool :P
http://royalexclusiv.net/images/banner/deu/SVDB_deu_745.jpg

Hey Marco,

The new dream boxes look sweet and I am sure it will make maintainance a breeze. I however, have a lot of GPH going thru my drains. The bigger issue, I also rather not shell out the dough for a new dream box!! :lolspin::lolspin:

Let us know how it works out. This was the first thing that came to mind though. :lolspin::lolspin:

https://youtu.be/0CLacRKKhG8

Scott,

That made me LOL.

ReefClownMIA
02/16/2018, 06:24 AM
Mike -
I can't blame you, plus your setup is beautiful as it is!
In case you're looking for something more permanent than the solo cups - check out the RedSea reefer guys, due to the odd size socks(hmmnn... sounds familiar) some of them have gone to a cup insert with floss as well. There are a couple of smaller vendors making those inserts, and may be able to adapt them to the Dreambox size.

-M

mike810
02/19/2018, 02:29 PM
Mike -
I can't blame you, plus your setup is beautiful as it is!
In case you're looking for something more permanent than the solo cups - check out the RedSea reefer guys, due to the odd size socks(hmmnn... sounds familiar) some of them have gone to a cup insert with floss as well. There are a couple of smaller vendors making those inserts, and may be able to adapt them to the Dreambox size.

-M

Thanks Marco!

Update

The solo cups fit perfectly in the dream box, I drilled out the bottom of the cup and left a 1/4" lip to hold a screen. Stuffed filter floss in and it works. However, due to my setup having such a high GPH going through the sump, the solo cups couldn't handle the flow with the filter floss packed in. I tried putting a minimal amount of filter floss in the cup but it still couldn't handle the flow.

I expect this to work perfectly for anyone running a much slower flow rate than I am. I have 2500 + GPH going through my sump. I have gone back to the felt socks. If RE ever comes out with the felt socks, I'll shell out the money for those.

Maticed
03/17/2018, 12:30 PM
Question;

if water starts pouring out the hole where the airline is going in the tube does that mean the water level is to high in the skimmer and I should open the pipe a bit more?

slief
03/17/2018, 01:30 PM
Question;

if water starts pouring out the hole where the airline is going in the tube does that mean the water level is to high in the skimmer and I should open the pipe a bit more?

Please define water pouring out the hole. You should have the ozone port plugged off if you aren’t using ozone. If you have the red hose connected and drawing air, that can impact the amount of air flow going into the venturi port with the air intake hose which could result in some water percolating up into the venturi port. If I am understanding you correctly, that could mean that there is something in the pump like a snail or debris. Could also mean the venturi port is clogged. If your sump level is 9” or less, the depth shouldn’t be an issue. Heck, some have run deeper. My guess is that there is something inside the pump. Shut it down and take the pump apart and inspect the needle wheel.

Maticed
03/17/2018, 01:39 PM
Please define water pouring out the hole. You should have the ozone port plugged off if you aren’t using ozone. If you have the red hose connected and drawing air, that can impact the amount of air flow going into the venturi port with the air intake hose which could result in some water percolating up into the venturi port. If I am understanding you correctly, that could mean that there is something in the pump like a snail or debris. Could also mean the venturi port is clogged. If your sump level is 9” or less, the depth shouldn’t be an issue. Heck, some have run deeper. My guess is that there is something inside the pump. Shut it down and take the pump apart and inspect the needle wheel.

no I mean water is coming out of the hole in the red pipe that goes to the air silencer (where the red air hose from the pump is going in). I have a red sea reefer 450 and the water level is too high so I bought a skimmer stand. My double cone 180 with speedy pump now sits in 20 cm of water but I have to adjust the pump to 34-36 watts to get the bubbles to the neck of the skimmer.

Maticed
03/17/2018, 02:34 PM
So sorry, wrong tread, could an admin delete my posts?:headwallblue:

slief
03/17/2018, 03:01 PM
no I mean water is coming out of the hole in the red pipe that goes to the air silencer (where the red air hose from the pump is going in). I have a red sea reefer 450 and the water level is too high so I bought a skimmer stand. My double cone 180 with speedy pump now sits in 20 cm of water but I have to adjust the pump to 34-36 watts to get the bubbles to the neck of the skimmer.

I think you need to take the pump apart and inspect the impeller. Also make sure there are no blockages in the venturi intake at the pump. Cap off the ozone port as well. And also make sure you rinse and dry out the foam filter in the silencer. To get the bubbles up, you need to close the wedge pipe more. That is how you adjust the level inside the skimmer. Not with the pump speed. The pump speed is used to get the most dense foam. I’d suggest 18-22 watts as a starting point. You may however need to increase the sump depth a bit. I’d suggest 8.5”-9” of depth.

mike810
03/26/2018, 02:38 AM
Hey fellas,

I have a deluxe 250 int and I've been running it anywhere from 36-44 watts experimenting with the skimmer. My nutrients are climbing so I'm trying to get the most out of the skimmer due to a high fish load. Anytime I run the wattage pass 44, it shuts down and gives me an F3 error. It happens randomly, 5 minutes or 10-15 minutes. I will pull the pump tomorrow and clean it but why no error with 44 watts and below and F3 error with anything above 44 watts?

slief
03/26/2018, 09:41 AM
Hey fellas,

I have a deluxe 250 int and I've been running it anywhere from 36-44 watts experimenting with the skimmer. My nutrients are climbing so I'm trying to get the most out of the skimmer due to a high fish load. Anytime I run the wattage pass 44, it shuts down and gives me an F3 error. It happens randomly, 5 minutes or 10-15 minutes. I will pull the pump tomorrow and clean it but why no error with 44 watts and below and F3 error with anything above 44 watts?

My guess is that it's time to break the pump down and give is a thorough cleaning inside and out. There is likely some resistance on the impeller and cleaning should solve it. That said, 44 watts is too high IMO for that skimmer. I would suggest running it between 36 and 40 watts. You will need to raise the level up inside the skimmer either via the telescope tube or the wedge pipe but the slower speed will result in better contact time and more dense foam as well as a more stable foam head with less turbulence in the skimmer body.

mike810
03/26/2018, 08:20 PM
7 hours of run time, is this good foam based on the run time and heavy bioload? Running at 40 watts in 9" of water.

ReefClownMIA
03/26/2018, 08:27 PM
Looks pretty good Mike!

slief
03/26/2018, 10:38 PM
7 hours of run time, is this good foam based on the run time and heavy bioload? Running at 40 watts in 9" of water.

Holy cow!!! I’d say that’s great looking foam! I’d be curious how it would look if you drop it a couple more watts. You’d increase the contact time and stiffen the foam up a bit more. It’s hard to imagine better foam than that but that skimmer is a foam makin machine! Color me jealous! I love my SM250 but that Deluxe is the one skimmer I’d trade my SM250 for in a heart beat. You really can’t beat the fine tuning the Deluxe offers and it’s ease of use. Plus the proof is in that foam head!!

mike810
03/27/2018, 01:10 AM
I'll drop it down to 36 and will report back.

slief
03/27/2018, 09:09 AM
I'll drop it down to 36 and will report back.

Be sure to raise the water level inside the body when you do. I'd bet you will get some really dense foam at 36-38 watts but 40 could be the sweet spot for you load. You never know unless you try it through.

mike810
03/27/2018, 01:13 PM
Be sure to raise the water level inside the body when you do. I'd bet you will get some really dense foam at 36-38 watts but 40 could be the sweet spot for you load. You never know unless you try it through.

The foam production after 12 hours of run time was pretty weak at 36 watts. I did raise the water level inside the body when I dropped the wattage to 36. I have since raised it back up to 40 watts and will try another experiment when I get home.

I'm going to try lowering the water level in the sump and increasing the wattage. 40 watts seems to be the spot with 9" of water level in the sump.

slief
03/27/2018, 05:53 PM
The foam production after 12 hours of run time was pretty weak at 36 watts. I did raise the water level inside the body when I dropped the wattage to 36. I have since raised it back up to 40 watts and will try another experiment when I get home.

I'm going to try lowering the water level in the sump and increasing the wattage. 40 watts seems to be the spot with 9" of water level in the sump.

Then I’d run with it at 90 watts. That foam looked great and the contact time is important. Once you get above 40 watts, you are sacrificing contact time which is important in terms of the skimmers perfomance and efficiency.

mike810
03/27/2018, 10:35 PM
I took the pump apart to clean it and check for any blockage. I could not find anything out of place and no unusual wear on the impeller, shaft or block. Only thing was normal slime which I cleaned off. Still, the pump shuts off with an F3 error anytime the wattage is above 44-46. I'm testing it out right now at 46 watts to see if it shuts off.

Any ideas? I checked the air line and no blockage in the line or the silencer itself.

slief
03/28/2018, 09:31 AM
I took the pump apart to clean it and check for any blockage. I could not find anything out of place and no unusual wear on the impeller, shaft or block. Only thing was normal slime which I cleaned off. Still, the pump shuts off with an F3 error anytime the wattage is above 44-46. I'm testing it out right now at 46 watts to see if it shuts off.

Any ideas? I checked the air line and no blockage in the line or the silencer itself.

At 46 watts on that pump, the pump can't pull enough air and what is likely happening is that it detects increased intake pressure when trying to pull the water through the nozzle. The larger skimmers have larger diameter intake nozzles which result in less restriction of water and air. I'd liken the issue to sucking through a straw and pinching the tip. The pump can sense that. And as noted above, 40 watts is about the max I would normally suggest for that skimmer and in your case, the F3 error on the display is the pump telling you that you are hitting it's limits in terms of what it can draw without being restricted on the intake side.

mike810
03/28/2018, 09:50 PM
At 46 watts on that pump, the pump can't pull enough air and what is likely happening is that it detects increased intake pressure when trying to pull the water through the nozzle. The larger skimmers have larger diameter intake nozzles which result in less restriction of water and air. I'd liken the issue to sucking through a straw and pinching the tip. The pump can sense that. And as noted above, 40 watts is about the max I would normally suggest for that skimmer and in your case, the F3 error on the display is the pump telling you that you are hitting it's limits in terms of what it can draw without being restricted on the intake side.

That's good to know about the air draw. It's amazing that these pumps can detect something like that. I had it running at 46 watts and it was producing great foam but I noticed it would shut off at 46 watts also. It just took a long time for it to shut up, several hours instead of minutes at the higher wattage.

I guess I will be running it at 40 watts max. I lowered the sump water level to 7.5" from 9" so I'll see how the skimmer does. This also gives me a bit more cushion for when the power goes out. The water would get a little too high for comfort when the return pump shut off.

slief
03/29/2018, 09:17 AM
That's good to know about the air draw. It's amazing that these pumps can detect something like that. I had it running at 46 watts and it was producing great foam but I noticed it would shut off at 46 watts also. It just took a long time for it to shut up, several hours instead of minutes at the higher wattage.

I guess I will be running it at 40 watts max. I lowered the sump water level to 7.5" from 9" so I'll see how the skimmer does. This also gives me a bit more cushion for when the power goes out. The water would get a little too high for comfort when the return pump shut off.

Yea, they have bi directional communication between the pump and controller. The controller can sense increases and decreases in load which tips the controller off to certain events such as restricted air, impeller resistance and increased load. In theory, it's a novel idea. Especially the air blockage F8 error but it does raise some eye brows from time to time. Ultimately, the intent of the F3 error is to prevent premature failure due to things getting into the pump or excessive buildup on the impeller or magnet cavity as well as excessive slime coating in the magnet cavity. All of which can lead to overloading the motor and causing premature failure.

mike810
03/30/2018, 01:20 AM
Yea, they have bi directional communication between the pump and controller. The controller can sense increases and decreases in load which tips the controller off to certain events such as restricted air, impeller resistance and increased load. In theory, it's a novel idea. Especially the air blockage F8 error but it does raise some eye brows from time to time. Ultimately, the intent of the F3 error is to prevent premature failure due to things getting into the pump or excessive buildup on the impeller or magnet cavity as well as excessive slime coating in the magnet cavity. All of which can lead to overloading the motor and causing premature failure.

Well, I figured out why the pump wouldn't run above 44 watts without throwing an F3 error. The telescopic tube was raised too high. Once I lowered it, I was able to run at 60 watts without any problems.

Either way, I've backed down the wattage to 36 and going to see how it does there. Right now I have the setting to where the micro bubbles turn into big bubbles right at the bottom of the cup. What is the optimal water level height inside the skimmer?

I'm trying to improve the efficiency of the skimmer as I only get maybe half an inch of skimmate a week if not less. I see people saying they need to empty their cups once or twice a week. I could probably go weeks before the cup even gets half full. I do think I have a good bioload with close to 50 fish in my 360 DT. 9 of them being tangs ranging in size from 4-7".

EDIT: Once a foam head is formed, where should that sit inside the neck? Probably easier for me to understand.

slief
03/30/2018, 07:12 PM
Well, I figured out why the pump wouldn't run above 44 watts without throwing an F3 error. The telescopic tube was raised too high. Once I lowered it, I was able to run at 60 watts without any problems.

Either way, I've backed down the wattage to 36 and going to see how it does there. Right now I have the setting to where the micro bubbles turn into big bubbles right at the bottom of the cup. What is the optimal water level height inside the skimmer?

I'm trying to improve the efficiency of the skimmer as I only get maybe half an inch of skimmate a week if not less. I see people saying they need to empty their cups once or twice a week. I could probably go weeks before the cup even gets half full. I do think I have a good bioload with close to 50 fish in my 360 DT. 9 of them being tangs ranging in size from 4-7".

EDIT: Once a foam head is formed, where should that sit inside the neck? Probably easier for me to understand.

That makes sense since the height of the tube will have a direct impact on the head pressure.
As far as the skimmate production, that is all relative to the amount of fish and load in the display. With close to 50 fish, it’s really going to be a matter of fine tuning but I am thinking you’re going need to wetten the skimmate up a bit by running the level in the skimmer higher. That is where the telescope tube and wedge pipe comes into play. If it were me, I’d do some more testing but I suspect the 40 watts you were running in that previous picture is pretty close to the sweet spot and a bit of fine tuning with the wedge pipe was all that was needed to get more skimmate in the cup.

mike810
03/31/2018, 07:52 PM
I think I finally found the sweet spot I am happy with. 40 watts seems to be perfect for me. Sump water level 8.5", wedge closed 50% and tube raised so the output is just above the water line at a 45 degree angle. Anxious to see what it can pull out in a week. This is about 10 hours run time.

slief
04/01/2018, 08:32 AM
I think I finally found the sweet spot I am happy with. 40 watts seems to be perfect for me. Sump water level 8.5", wedge closed 50% and tube raised so the output is just above the water line at a 45 degree angle. Anxious to see what it can pull out in a week. This is about 10 hours run time.

Good god.. That thing is kicking butt! I’m thinking you’ve had that thing mistuned for a while and there are more dissolved organics in the water than you think. My guess is that the foam should settle down a bit once the skimmer catches up. Either way, that thing definitely looks dialed in! :beer:

mike810
04/01/2018, 02:48 PM
Good god.. That thing is kicking butt! I’m thinking you’ve had that thing mistuned for a while and there are more dissolved organics in the water than you think. My guess is that the foam should settle down a bit once the skimmer catches up. Either way, that thing definitely looks dialed in! :beer:

Yeah, I'm sure fiddling with it for the last several days built up a good amount of docs.

docwells
06/07/2018, 05:23 AM
What is the best way to get availability of items at the US shop and prices on items that are not listed? I am looking for some parts/accessories for my Dreambox. I sent an e-mail through the US website, but never got a reply.
Thanks

slief
06/07/2018, 07:44 AM
What is the best way to get availability of items at the US shop and prices on items that are not listed? I am looking for some parts/accessories for my Dreambox. I sent an e-mail through the US website, but never got a reply.
Thanks

Send me an email directly. The web email goes to Germany and that can cause delays in response time.

docwells
06/07/2018, 05:34 PM
Thanks.
Will be sending you an e-mail

NorwayEagle
06/25/2018, 07:12 AM
Finally I found and have been reading this excellent thread.

I have bothering Scott with questions concerning my a bit oversized BK skimmer the past few weeks, and thought I should contribute here with my Dreambox.

As written in my signature I have a Eco Dreambox equipped with a RD3 80W Return pump which also feeds 2 mediafilters, a BK Deluxe 200 skimmer, a RO tank with the AutoSwitch ON/OFF with non-contact level switch.
Together with this I use a Twolittlefishies KW mixer, a Tunze 3171 Calcium Automat (calciumreactor). The mixer hangs on the Dreambox and the 3171 fits inside.
I use now one mediafilter for Siporax, and the other combines Rowaphos and active carbon.

I also have installed a Deltec 20W UV system recently when I had some fishdisease breakouts

So the Phosban reactor and the Deltec calciumreactor are gone, and the UV unit are added since the picture was taken.

There are som fiddling around to place none-RE equipment, so my dream is to see some nice designed Kalk additive equipment and UV from our German masters:dance:.

Klaus Jansen
07/08/2018, 04:06 AM
Ready for shipment to USA

Fleece-Dreambox, 200 x 100 x 50 cm, All-In,

Bubble King 300 internal
2xRD3-Speedys 230 Watt
Mediafilter 125 mm stackable
1xRD3 Speedy 50 Watt
LED-Lights
Cable-Holder
Cockpit
Bypass

best regards ... Klaus

Klaus Jansen
07/08/2018, 04:08 AM
more Pictures ...

NorwayEagle
08/19/2018, 07:45 AM
I have a ECO Dreambox, please look at pictures in post 447 in this thread.

One thing I really miss from my old tank setup is a refugium for chaetomorpha in my at that time glass sump.

I am looking at the refugiums from RE and find that I can place up to a 20x60x50cm refugium to the right in my cabinet. However this may be at the wrong side of the Dreambox.
Anyone having such refugium placed to the right with downdraft to filter socks on left side, and if so how is the refugium connected with flow in and out?

slief
08/19/2018, 01:31 PM
I have a ECO Dreambox, please look at pictures in post 447 in this thread.

One thing I really miss from my old tank setup is a refugium for chaetomorpha in my at that time glass sump.

I am looking at the refugiums from RE and find that I can place up to a 20x60x50cm refugium to the right in my cabinet. However this may be at the wrong side of the Dreambox.
Anyone having such refugium placed to the right with downdraft to filter socks on left side, and if so how is the refugium connected with flow in and out?

The right side would be the best side since the return section is on the right. You could plumb it to drain into the spare pipe with the black cover on it on the back right edge of the dreambox. You wouldn’t want it to drain into the socks though since any pods would get caught in the socks instead of making their way into the display as a food source for your fish. You would feed the refugium from a manifold from your return pump or add a dedicated pump to feed it with such as the RD5 25w pump which could sit inside the sump and use the spare pipe with the black cap on the back edge to pump out of. You would need to add a bulkhead for the refugium to drain back into the return section though.

NorwayEagle
08/20/2018, 04:11 AM
Yes this is more or less as I thought myself:
Place a circulation/feeding pump in the back left corner of the middle chamber, use a fleksible tubing through the spare pipe in the same corner, from there through the grey inlet connection in the refugium to the bottom.
Outlet pipe connected with some PVC parts including a reduction from 32 to 20 mm to the spare pipe above the return chamber, or with less reduction through the open 30 mm hole in back corner of return chamber.

That means that water entering this feeding pump to refugium will not enter the skimmer.
In other words, maybe the flowthrough should be somewhat limited?

You suggest the Red Dragon® 5 ECO pump 25 Watt. As the sparepipe is narrow only 20 mm, any idea on optimum flow?

Any suggestion on wich parts you would use to make the flow line from the outlet piping?

As mentioned the refugium will only include Chaetos, so a decent flow and some kind of lights are what I think I need.

zombot
08/20/2018, 07:11 AM
Looking at purchasing a dreambox and have a couple of questions. I've got a 65 gallon system - Would the RD3 50w flow pump be adequate as my return pump. I already have two of the .4 gallon space saver reactors which i plan on plumbing in line off it. Does the RD3 50w come with US or Metric fittings and if metric - is there a recommended conversion adaptor of sorts?

Also the internal plumbing in some of the dreamboxes to the media reactors - are they hard plumbed or pressure fitted?

slief
08/20/2018, 12:07 PM
Yes this is more or less as I thought myself:
Place a circulation/feeding pump in the back left corner of the middle chamber, use a fleksible tubing through the spare pipe in the same corner, from there through the grey inlet connection in the refugium to the bottom.
Outlet pipe connected with some PVC parts including a reduction from 32 to 20 mm to the spare pipe above the return chamber, or with less reduction through the open 30 mm hole in back corner of return chamber.

That means that water entering this feeding pump to refugium will not enter the skimmer.
In other words, maybe the flowthrough should be somewhat limited?

You suggest the Red Dragon® 5 ECO pump 25 Watt. As the sparepipe is narrow only 20 mm, any idea on optimum flow?

Any suggestion on wich parts you would use to make the flow line from the outlet piping?

As mentioned the refugium will only include Chaetos, so a decent flow and some kind of lights are what I think I need.

The flow through the refugium is up to you. Probably 50% power on the 25w would be sufficient but you want the chaeto to kind of rotate/tumble in there. If you place the RD5 after the skimmer (down stream, you won't need to worry about it taking flow from the skimmer. Then again, it doesn't matter because all the flow isn't going to the skimmer anyways and the flow to the refugium will entire the return compartment so there nothing will range change as far as skimmer efficiency.

As for fittings, I would likely hard plumb it with a union in between for easy disconnection and maintenance.

slief
08/20/2018, 12:16 PM
Looking at purchasing a dreambox and have a couple of questions. I've got a 65 gallon system - Would the RD3 50w flow pump be adequate as my return pump. I already have two of the .4 gallon space saver reactors which i plan on plumbing in line off it. Does the RD3 50w come with US or Metric fittings and if metric - is there a recommended conversion adaptor of sorts?

Also the internal plumbing in some of the dreamboxes to the media reactors - are they hard plumbed or pressure fitted?

RD3's bought in the US come with both US and Metric fittings.
The RD3 50 would be sufficient for the 65 gallon tank. The plumbing inside the dreamboxes when purchased with reactors and pumps and have PVC manifold from the return pump which feeds the return and reactors. There is a valve between the manifold and reactor. The reactor is then attached via silicone hose and an elbow for easy removal and maintenance. The Dreambox could be purchased with the pump and setup for your reactor though there is very limited space in the smaller dreamboxes which may pose an issue using your media reactor should you decide to go with a small dreambox as I don't think the reactor will fit in there with a skimmer.

zombot
08/20/2018, 07:00 PM
RD3's bought in the US come with both US and Metric fittings.
The RD3 50 would be sufficient for the 65 gallon tank. The plumbing inside the dreamboxes when purchased with reactors and pumps and have PVC manifold from the return pump which feeds the return and reactors. There is a valve between the manifold and reactor. The reactor is then attached via silicone hose and an elbow for easy removal and maintenance. The Dreambox could be purchased with the pump and setup for your reactor though there is very limited space in the smaller dreamboxes which may pose an issue using your media reactor should you decide to go with a small dreambox as I don't think the reactor will fit in there with a skimmer.

So whilst the internal manifold plumbing is glued (aside from the internal union ball valves it would seem) the way the reactors are connected to it are easily removable?

Thats great about the included US fittings. Quality product as always.

slief
08/20/2018, 07:35 PM
So whilst the internal manifold plumbing is glued (aside from the internal union ball valves it would seem) the way the reactors are connected to it are easily removable?

Thats great about the included US fittings. Quality product as always.

Yep. The reactors when plumbed inside the dreambox with the factory built manifold are designed to be easily removed.

Klaus Jansen
03/10/2019, 11:18 AM
Royal-Exclusiv FleeceDreambox 300 x 100 cm for a 9000 Liter Tank in Germany

w.vreeswijk
03/10/2019, 12:53 PM

Wow great setup.
I can’t wait pick up mine :-)

FernandesReef
03/10/2019, 02:04 PM

Is there a link to this system that we could follow?
Thanks

slief
03/10/2019, 03:43 PM
Is there a link to this system that we could follow?
Thanks

Hopefully Klaus can shed some light on that customer.

Klaus Jansen
08/28/2019, 09:48 AM
Dreambox 150 x 60 cm. Pictures from Customer

slief
08/28/2019, 10:18 AM
Check out this customers beautiful new Dreambox 3.0 setup! He's also running an RD3 230 for his closed loop.

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/69235648_10216553235075948_2267786390630563840_n_zpswo7tv5ot.jpg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/F78AC2B5-48C2-4683-9B81-513E92E335B7_zpshotapw6m.jpeg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/F2707A24-F46E-4EAA-815E-77FBA42F1272_zpsydb3v5xi.jpeg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/452E3A8D-E67A-49CC-A8FC-E282E0C19795_zpscawjau9h.jpeg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/1A73599D-9BD4-402F-93CA-8B163C35E587_zpsndq4ydxy.jpeg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/CF59AD89-4749-4CAD-993E-E892922D6C96_zpsmp28f1aq.jpeg

slief
08/28/2019, 10:22 AM
And a couple pictures of our new Step Dreambox. This one was shown at Reefapalooza in California and has the integrated ATO tank. It also features the new Double Cone 150 DC, an RD5 25w return pump and an RD5 25w pump for the integrated media reactor.

The Step Dreamboxs are fleeced based are designed for smaller tanks like the Red Sea Reefers. These can be ordered in custom sizes.

Dreambox STEP Systems without the integrated ATO water tank can be custom sized in 2 cm increments starting at 50cm long x 42cm wide (front to back) up to a max of 70cm x 60cm.

Dreambox STEP Systems with the Integrated 25 liter water tank range from 70cm x 42cm up to 100cm x 60cm. Again, customizable in 2 cm increments in both length and width.

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/F0B6A204-9935-46D7-9931-0017188A39CE_zpsocguj3ru.jpeg

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/6AA8BA6F-7002-43C7-A8FF-C4DB62DEC933_zpswozuopjx.jpeg

Petesxl525reef
11/16/2019, 12:54 PM
Any information on the SINGLE ECO Vlies Filter (Small) - starting a setup and I would like another option (Theiling and SeaVisions seem to be the only other). Thanks

slief
11/16/2019, 02:52 PM
Any information on the SINGLE ECO Vlies Filter (Small) - starting a setup and I would like another option (Theiling and SeaVisions seem to be the only other). Thanks

In the link below you’ll see the large and extra-large versions. If you look at the price with the a T, that is about the US dollar cost not including shipping. US dollar will actually be just a little bit cheaper but prices with VAT is close to the conversion rate.

https://royalexclusiv.net/en/dreamboxes/dreambox-filter-sytems-3-0/single-vlies-fleecefilter-dreambox/

This link has the price breakdown and sizing for all the dream boxes including the single fleece ones. Again price with VAT is close to US dollar price not including shipping.
https://royalexclusiv.net/images/content/dreambox/dreambox_filter/eng/VDB_list_eng.pdf

Petesxl525reef
11/16/2019, 06:21 PM
So I guess what you’re saying is that these (and most of the Royal Exclusiv products) won’t be coming to the US (warehouse in Florida) any time soon - wish Royal Exclusiv would commit more to a US presence, not really an option otherwise in my opinion

slief
11/16/2019, 07:22 PM
So I guess what you’re saying is that these (and most of the Royal Exclusiv products) won’t be coming to the US (warehouse in Florida) any time soon - wish Royal Exclusiv would commit more to a US presence, not really an option otherwise in my opinion

I don’t think you realize just how much inventory we have in Ft. Myers at any given time and how fast we go through inventory. Royal Exclusiv is extremely committed to the US market and has hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory in the US at any given time and multiple US based employees too. Shipments come in by the semi container full and outside of having the full line of Dreamboxes on the shelf in Ft. Myers at any given time (because they sell so darn fast), we typically have most if not all the other products in stock unless a reseller cleaned us out or are between shipments. But more often than not, we have all of our pumps in stock, most if not all of our skimmers in stock, the full line of dosing containers in stock, pretty much all the parts for all the pump models going back 15 years or more and tons of other stuff including some Dreamboxes.

We get multiple Dreamboxes into the US with pretty much every sea/container shipment and they get sold pretty quickly too when they come in. All kinds of Dreamboxes ranging from empty ones, Nano Dreamboxes, complete Dreambox 2 systems and complete Dreambox 3 systems. In fact, we have received and sold many dozens of Dreamboxes from US inventory over the last 12 months alone but that accounts for a small amount of the US Dreambox sales. One thing to consider is that everybody has different needs as far as intakes, return pumps, skimmers reactors etc so most prefer to order a custom system that meets their needs. This isn’t a one size fits all kind of product line which is why most prefer to order one that is built to meet their exact needs. That said, these stand alone fleece filters WILL be coming to the US warehouse for US inventory but these just debuted as these are brand new to the line and were just officially released. The reason I provided those links to give you a sense of pricing. Heck, you could order one and even have it included in our next boat shipment if you wanted. But again, I gave you that info so you can get a sense of pricing and an idea of their sizing in order to help you decide if this was something you wanted and if in fact it is, we can go from there and insure that we get one for you with your name on it on one of the next shipments or shipped direct to you.

Petesxl525reef
04/21/2020, 08:11 PM
So I filled out a contact form on the Royal Exclusiv USA website today to find out about purchasing a Dreambox XS - is this the best approach? Thanks

slief
04/22/2020, 01:49 PM
So I filled out a contact form on the Royal Exclusiv USA website today to find out about purchasing a Dreambox XS - is this the best approach? Thanks

PM sent

docwells
08/10/2020, 07:35 AM
Slief,

PM sent on Dreambox availability

slief
08/10/2020, 10:53 AM
Slief,

PM sent on Dreambox availability
PM replied to!

NorwayEagle
10/05/2020, 12:29 AM
I have a ECO Dreambox which has been in use since 2015 combined with a BK Deluxe 200 skimmer.
I have exchanged the skimmer with a DC 200, which only after a few days does a great job.
However due to 4 cm lower total height of skimmer the bottom of skimmer cup is below the top of Dreambox, which means I cannot use the Dreambox lids.
Is there any platforms etc developed that can rise the skimmer some cm's, meaning:

If I had ordered the Dreambox with DC 200 to start with, how would this have been configured?

I also use a RE waste collector, the cylindrical type, so a passive outlet of waste draining passive into the collector is something I would like to get.

I have some ideas on what to put under the skimmer, maybe an eggcrate plate or two, but is curious to know how RE would do this in an ideal and beatiful way. Or is it defined as a non-compatible combo to use a 40 cm high Dreambox with a 55 cm DC skimmer?

slief
10/05/2020, 10:12 AM
I have a ECO Dreambox which has been in use since 2015 combined with a BK Deluxe 200 skimmer.
I have exchanged the skimmer with a DC 200, which only after a few days does a great job.
However due to 4 cm lower total height of skimmer the bottom of skimmer cup is below the top of Dreambox, which means I cannot use the Dreambox lids.
Is there any platforms etc developed that can rise the skimmer some cm's, meaning:

If I had ordered the Dreambox with DC 200 to start with, how would this have been configured?

I also use a RE waste collector, the cylindrical type, so a passive outlet of waste draining passive into the collector is something I would like to get.

I have some ideas on what to put under the skimmer, maybe an eggcrate plate or two, but is curious to know how RE would do this in an ideal and beatiful way. Or is it defined as a non-compatible combo to use a 40 cm high Dreambox with a 55 cm DC skimmer?
We don’t typically make a stand for the skimmers. If it were me, I would probably get a some PVC sheet like that of which the Dreambox is made from and use that instead of egg crate on the bottom. The openings in the egg crate (if you don’t use legs) will trap detritus whereas the PVC won’t and the PVC will blend right in. If you’re going to use a crate, I would use some PVC pipe for legs. That will ensure that any detritus has the ability to flow from underneath the skimmer and not be trapped.

NorwayEagle
10/05/2020, 02:11 PM
Yes I could see that as a potential nitrate source, I also would have needed 2 layers with the instability that makes.

I have just made the first rough cuts on some plastic tops I had laying around.
The height should be about perfect, still somt work to be done.

If this do not work I have some acrylic plates and pvc available.

NorwayEagle
10/15/2020, 06:29 AM
I did go for the acrylic plate.
I made it with a 4,5 cm height, glued plate to pvc tubes with acrifix.

As I need some extra height in cabinet for the helix cleaner i did not want to build it higher. You can see from picture that this would have been preferred, but I get a downstream from skimmer cup to my waste collector if moving the grey tube connection.