PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Black Ice clowns

Lessgo
12/06/2015, 02:03 AM
I have read the threads about which clowns go with certain anemones.
But I have a pair of Black Ice clowns which will not go near my GBT.

So I'm curious did i buy the wrong anemone?
What do you people have that works together?

I've tried showing mine videos of clowns and anemones....I've put food there food in the anemone. But they just wait till it floats out of it then they go and eat.
I've done everything short of put them and the anemone in a bowl. And I would of done that but the anemone has not fixed itself to the biggest rock in my tank. Go figure....and yes I seem to have a temperamental anemone as it has also fixed itself to the underside of a rock for 2weeks. Now is back out on top of the rocks.

shifty51008
12/06/2015, 02:23 AM
Black ice clowns are ocy's and bta's are not a natural host anemone for them, while in captivity ocy's have a good chance at useing a bta it can take a while or may never happen, mine took 9 months before going into my bta's.

If you want a natural host anemone then i would look into a rittri or gig, keep in mind these anemone's can be more difficult to get settled in to an aquarium and require more light than a bta.

Btw never force a clown into an anemone, it can hurt or kill the clown.

Lessgo
12/06/2015, 02:49 AM
That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.
But trust me. I was never actually going to put my fish in a bowl....don't think that happens on the reef.....plus I like my fish...lol

shifty51008
12/06/2015, 03:08 AM
Anytime, i also forgot a lta is a natural host anemone also.

Also
[Welcome]

Tsteak
04/01/2016, 05:04 PM
um, am I reading correctly that you tried showing video's to your fish?

Ocean avanue13
04/01/2016, 05:14 PM
I have 2 I love these guys, but I got no nems so can't help sorry