PDA

View Full Version : Need help completing my little community!

dawnpar
12/06/2015, 07:44 PM
Hello, I am new and in love with my saltwater tank! I have a 20 gallon with a clown and a snail and recently added a domino damsel (the clown and the damsel and best friends!). I know I need some clean up friends. I had an emerald crab before I upgraded but I think he died in a molt. I loved him but I am not sure he was helping to clean up much. I would like something more special than a hermit crab since I am limited in my quantity anyway. I am not a big fan of shrimp as far as looks go. Can I have a starfish? I just want to do this right! Thank you!!

Cliving1
12/06/2015, 07:48 PM
How long has your tank been setup? Fromia starfish are small and I have had one in a 29 biocube before I took it down and returned it a few years ago. A chocolate chip is an option if you dont have corals, if you do, do not have one they are not reef safe.

dawnpar
12/06/2015, 07:56 PM
I just started the upgraded tank 3 weeks ago and transferred my snail and clown 1 week ago. No corals...I know it is too soon to consider them. I really prefer activity in my tank. So if I had to pick between corals and things that swim and run around...I would leave out the corals ;)

Cliving1
12/29/2015, 07:45 PM
I like you thinking..but I also said I was going to start a FOWLR tank but I keep adding coral frags...just be careful as the itch can get to you. Have you decided on a new member to the tank yet?

dawnpar
01/04/2016, 02:56 PM
I added some hermits but hadn't added any other fish or anything. The Domino Damsel mysteriously died last night and I am so sad for the clown because they swam together and never fought. Now he seems very lonely. I need an idea of what I can add that will be friendly towards him. I hear that was unusual for the domino and the clown to be so close.