PDA

View Full Version : Please help with these symptoms that affected my Striped Blenny

Krywoo
12/07/2015, 09:50 PM
Hi, new here
I found my Striped Blenny dead this morning. I had him for about 1 month. Two days before I noticed the left side of his head he had been swimming and eating carefree with the Chromis. I have a 40 gal tank, skimmer, heater and flow fan. It appeared to me like eye trauma from running into a sharp edge like a rock. It's difficult to say because I didn't see it happen. But, he's been acting reclusive for the past three days not really ever venturing out to eat. When I noticed the affected area yesterday, I felt as though it was also affecting his jaw as the complete one side of his head was swollen looking and little brown in color. I've attached a photo. It appears as though whatever it was was eating at his jaw tissue which would make it near impossible for him to eat. I just want to learn from someone about what it could have been - maybe popeye due to trauma and then a secondary infection that affected his mouth tissue?