PDA

View Full Version : Ricordea melting

al404
12/08/2015, 04:25 PM
Hi I bought 1 and 1/2 month ago with 4 ricordea for my 15G tank

One is getting really big and 2 of the others near the big one did melt away in about a day
My po4 are 0.10 and no3 0.5

What I change in my tank since a couple of weeks is that I add a second power head and now I switch the 1sth one off for 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the afternoon and get the 2nd on

I also start feeding my fish once a day or any other day before I was feeding twice a day

My tank is a softy tank and thinger coral are open
Could the big ricordea kill the other one?

Could it the water flow?

I never feed them

Both the 2 disk that died the like shrink and did close inside a gelly bubble

Whiterabbitrage
12/09/2015, 02:44 PM
No the big one didn't kill the others. Ricordia are very delicate. Sometimes they just melt, especially Ricordia yuma. I don't know why. Your big one sounds like it's doing well though. Leave it alone and maybe it will reproduce.

bhofosho
12/13/2015, 09:42 PM
I killed my yumas with too much light but the other riccordeas I kept on the sand bed are doing great. Maybe it's too much light?

al404
12/14/2015, 02:08 AM
i'm not sure but i noticed the one on the other side of the rock it seems is trying to move
i think they don't like the new power head and the flow

midieval10
12/24/2015, 12:43 AM
I've never had much luck with Yumas. A little more flow and light and they melt on me :(

Reeferfourlife
12/28/2015, 01:45 AM
They need low flow and low to medium light. Adding the second power is not good. What you can try is put both power head on a wave maker.